Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can anyone recommend a really good moisturizer that is light weight, NOT greasy or clammy and wont clog pores? Nothing too expensive please :)

I just bought Cetaphil Moisturizer and it said it wouldnt be greasy but it is. I want to touch my face and feel my SKIN not some clammy mess from a moisturizer.

i use cetaphil moisturizing lotion and have never had a problem. the areas i apply it to most heavily are probably the clearest on my face. it goes on very easily and doesn't seem to leave shine or redness. i only really apply it to my cheeks and recently beard area, there's no reason for me to apply it to nose or forehead since those areas are pretty oily.

Yeah the main places I want it for are my cheeks and a bit on my chin (dry from over use of products). But the Cetaphil moisturizer I have makes my skin feel like the moisturizer is never drying. I put on as little as possible and it still does the same thing. It just makes me want to wash my face and not use anything.

why do you want it to feel like it's drying?? if your skin is staying moist, that means it's working...i dunno, my skin doesn't feel clammy or greasy with it, just soft and moist. if it really bothers you i'd switch, but i don't think you need to worry about it clogging pores.

i have seen people recommend aveeno as well but cetaphil seems to work fine for me.

I would recommend the Olay Complete UV Defense Moisture Lotion for sensitive Skin.

It has Aloe, Vitamin E, SPF 15 and Zinc Oxide. Its Non- Comedogenic and is oil free.

It feels really good on my face.

It also doesn't have a greasy type feel.

i use neutrogena moisture for sensitive skin. Two pumps only. i find this works GREAT and isn't greasy at all. in fact i sometimes have to reapply in winter.

One thing to remember about moisturizer is WHEN you apply it. If you just had a hot shower, stand under the cold water for a minute before coming out or put a cold compress on your face before applying. If you're sweating at all it can make the moisturizer feel like its greasy. Also if you go outside right after showering etc. it can also make you feel like you're dripping! but thats just because of the sudden temp change and the fact that you basically just came out of a steam room so to speak!

just some advice i've learned along the way i thought i'd pass on.

I would recommend the Olay Complete UV Defense Moisture Lotion for sensitive Skin.

It has Aloe, Vitamin E, SPF 15 and Zinc Oxide. Its Non- Comedogenic and is oil free.

It feels really good on my face.

It also doesn't have a greasy type feel.

I second the motion...! My dermatologist gave me a few samples (she's always good for freebies...), and they've worked just as well as anything else I've tried. I not entirely sure of the exact price...but, it's under 15 dollars, I know. 12 something, I think. Make sure (if you decide to give it a go), that you get the type for sensitive skin, the other kind isn't oil-free, I don't think. And the one I use has SPF 30. I'm a fan of the higher SPF's, because the idea of ever segwaying from acne to premature aging makes me shudder... ;)

Thanks for the replies guys! I found a great moisturizer for my skin!!

It's called HAPPYDERM by L'Oreal and it's perfect for me! It's non-greasy, doesnt clog pores and I only used it twice and I feel like I dont even need it anymore cuz it's uber moisturized my dry skin! I bought the one for sensitive skin without SPF. :dance:

TheDefectiveCollective, Olay makes 2 UV Defense Moisture Lotions.

One is the sensitive lotion which I use.

The other UV Defense Moisture Lotion has Vitamin C in it, where the Sensitive lotion has Aloe.

Also the Sensitive lotion has no fragrance in it, where the other UV Defense moisture lotion does have a fragrance.

Both are oil free.

I like Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL (don't get the cream) which is really light and totally not greasy, dries fast too. I also like their Super Defense SPF 25 lotion for normal to oily skin. Alba makes a good lotion too, called Green Tea & Aloe, smells nice, is slightly heavier than Cliniques. Haven't had any breakouts using them.

I would suggest Melilea Moisturizer. I always think that those products that suit me should be able to suit most people because I have really sensitive skin.

Skin Moisturizers For Acne:

“Dry skin�, or xerosis, is an extremely common problem, and our society, and its advertising suggest that we have a simple solution - just apply a moisturizer. The marketplace has a great number of products to moisturize the skin and dermatologists divide them into different classes, based on how they work.

These classes include:

* Occlusives

* Humectants

* Emollients

* Protein rejuvenators

Read more oon this topic...Which Skin Mosturizers are best for Acne.

Hope it helps,

Dermatologists discuss Acne

Thanks for the replies guys! I found a great moisturizer for my skin!!

It's called HAPPYDERM by L'Oreal and it's perfect for me! It's non-greasy, doesnt clog pores and I only used it twice and I feel like I dont even need it anymore cuz it's uber moisturized my dry skin! I bought the one for sensitive skin without SPF. :dance:

where did you buy this? I have never heard of it

I use oil of olay Complete Defense moisturizer for sensitive skin with spf 30 (woohoo). I'm a red head with fair skin, so finding SPF 30 moisturiser was a big deal :dance: It was around 11 dollars for 2.5 oz, so kinda pricy, but it seems to be working well. I use Eucerin Daily Control and Care moisturizer at night, and that is really good for dryness.