Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

Does Accutane really work for everyone?

I've had moderate acne for a while now.

I get breakouts here and there.

I've tried EVERY topical and everyone antibiotic/oral med except Doxy.

I'm 15 and male.

Worried about my face

Does Accutane actually get rid of it completely, I've seen so much success.

Mydoctor said it will and they don't make them kinda promises.

its pretty much the most effective thing for fighting acne. it totally cleared me and ive never met anyone who had accutane not work for them but i guess theres always a chance it wont. but its pretty safe to say its going to clear your acne.

im on week 3 heading into week 4 after the weekend. Im breaking out like a mother and im not liking it at all. I hope I get better next month. Thank god I have my own cubicle at work. whew!

No single medication works for everyone. Although pretty much everyone sees a major improvement in their acne while on the drug, it's what happens after your course is over with that really matters. Some people have clear skin for the rest of their lives. Some end up getting acne again, but not as severely. Then, there are those who end up relapsing completely w/in a few months after getting off of the drug and end up having to do another course. It's different for different people.

Still, like others have said, Accutane is the strongest drug you can take to get rid of it. Your chances of having significantly better skin for a long period of time are good.

Accutane they say works for 80% of people i read... My derm toldme Accutane works for 999 out of 1000 people when i suggested maybe it wouldn't work for me. Accutane works to a good extent for everyone. So it should work for you, and it does completely get rid of your acne, skin wise, it may leave you with visible red spots, but flat smooth skin atleast.

I have no acne. It worked! DO IT NOW!

Acnepiglet... wat dose were u on and length of time?? how long to c results??

AlKaMiMe :D

No single medication works for everyone. Although pretty much everyone sees a major improvement in their acne while on the drug, it's what happens after your course is over with that really matters. Some people have clear skin for the rest of their lives. Some end up getting acne again, but not as severely. Then, there are those who end up relapsing completely w/in a few months after getting off of the drug and end up having to do another course. It's different for different people.

Still, like others have said, Accutane is the strongest drug you can take to get rid of it. Your chances of having significantly better skin for a long period of time are good.

ya i agree. i'm on my 3rd session of tane, so i wouldn't say it works for everyone the first time around :dry:

but it's still an awesome drug.