Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnedefeater

How many of you took minocycline and it eventually stopped working?

Just wanted to see exactly how many people have tried minocycline and eventually it stopped working and the acne came back and in some cases even more severe than before.

I did. Stopped working after about 6 months...and didn't really clear up my skin perfectly either. Sorry for the bad news :)

I used it for a while

my acne never went away 100% but it was a lot tamer.

once I became immune to it, things got worse than before.

Took it for a year and was clear. Stopped working, acne got worse when I went off than before I took it.

Just wanted to see exactly how many people have tried minocycline and eventually it stopped working and the acne came back and in some cases even more severe than before.

exactly what happened to me

exactly what happened to me

ditto.

possibly no hope for me then im on this and on day 9 but got a a appointment with the dermologist in september which is ages away but thats the earliest there can see me apparently but ill see how the mino works till then

It cleared me up, but after stopping, my acne came back. I went back on it, and it didn't work the same- I was immune to it. Sorry to break that to you, try something long term.

ive been on roaccutane in the past aswell as fucidin cream and it worked but after about just a month it came bk again and ive been suffering for a long time but sometimes its my own faukt cant seem to stop picking

I had the same results as Liv. It worked for me at first. I went off it and was good for several months. When I took it again, it was not effective at all and the acne got worse than ever. I think I built up a resistance. Accutane was the soulution for me.

P&W

I was on minocycline twice before. Both times I was absolutely 100% clear. No pimples, no red marks - NOTHING. Just a clear acne free face. In fact you couldn't even tell I had acne.

Unofrtunately, both times when I came off the minocycline or reduced my dosage to once a day, the acne came back. Last time the acne came back a lot worse and my face looked terrible again.

I went back on minocycline and it cleared me again completely but the acne returned yet again.

I think I'm just going to try accutane to end my battle with acne for good.