Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samuel128128

DOES BEING IN HIGH ALTITUDES/ COLD TEMPARATURES HELP ACNE?

Recently i went on a ski trip for a 5 days. I stayed up on the mountain so was constantly staying up high, where it was really cold (about 5 to -10 degrees celcius). I discovered after my trip my skin condition had improved beyond belief! so.......... my question to you DOES BEING IN HIGH ALTITUDES/ COLD TEMPARATURES HELP ACNE?

I am not too sure about high altitudes, but low temps may help. Excess oil causes acne, and your oil glands produce more oil upon high temperature

its the low humidity. I visited Colorado for a week, i cleared up, lived in florida for 5 months, broke out the worst i ever had in my life.

i think that does have a lot ot do with acne. i use to live in ohio and during that time it was snowing and 37 degrees my acne was mild just my cheeks and a lil on my chin my forehead was clear but then when i moved to cali where it was like 95 degrees all hell broke loose. I think my acne is pretty severe now. I'm debating on whether i should move back to ohio cus its been so depressing for me here. :cry:

Guest papillon

I learned in Zoology that living in high altitude is not good for you and people living there don't live long relative to people living in low altitude places.

I think your skin condition improved, because you went skiing - i.e. you exercised. I like how my skin looks after I ski and take a shower. It's all clean, supple and glowy with pink cheeks (from the cold and the sun). This reminds me... I should exercise more!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? PEOPLE DON'T LIVE AS LONG?!?!?!

Those people in the himalayas, yea still building houses into their ninetys? What are people doing in their 90's in florida doing? They can't even play shuffleboard.

Guest papillon
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? PEOPLE DON'T LIVE AS LONG?!?!?!

Those people in the himalayas, yea still building houses into their ninetys? What are people doing in their 90's in florida doing? They can't even play shuffleboard.

Yeah, it sounds funny, doesn't it? I know. It's hilarious. Well, that's what my Zoology professor said! :D You can google "living in high altitude" and maybe learn about it?

I'm not aware of any 90-year-olds living in Florida. Most of them are recently retired seniors, no? They must be in their 60s-70s. I believe (from newses and such) that Japanese have the longest life expectancy, not American retirees living in Florida.