Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girl2006

foundation.....why is it so difficult?

i have oily skin and dont know what kinda foundation to get. i saw the covergirl outlast that has a primer with it so would that help with oily skin????? has anyone tryed it if so give me some feed back! and they have matching powder to finish. im using maybelline everfresh but it seem a little greasy and gets me oily after like an hour. orshould i get the maybelline pure with the concealer does that help with oily skin? i have to be able to get it at walmart or a drug store!!!!!! i dont have extra money to buy expensive stuff

im very tired of guessing what to buy and i want something that will work!!!!

thanks

Trial and error. We cant tell you what brand to get everyones skins different. What may work for you might not work someone else. Buy and see only way you'll know what suits you.

Guest Sincerely_Me

I'm currenty using the rest of my CG make up. The lightest shade is a tad too dark, but nothing I can't pull off. The make up itself is good, really does wear for a long while. I don't mind it too much, not an HG, but it's decent. Dream Matte Mousse gives me better color, coverage IMO, but on "good skin days", lol.

But yeah, TRIAL AND ERROR. You need to experiment to find what suits you.

Sadly, most foundations don't really help w/oily skin. Some may stay on better than others, but they won't do anything to decrease the amount of oil your face produces.

The only foundation that I've found to be a pretty good one for oily skin is Revlon ColorStay. Unfortunately, I don't recommend it for daily use, since it could cause some pore-clogging issues. It's super thick stuff.

thanks guys! i know i have to guess and try but ive been doing that forever and im getting sick of it. would compact foundation be better?? any suggestions on that kinda stuff???

you should defintely try a mattifying moisturizer under your makeup. look in the skin care section for products/ moisturizer specifically for that problem. you will see quite a bit.