Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was thinking back to when I was pregnant and for the first 3 months my skin was as usuall all broke out, but after that it was completely clear. Then I started to wonder if this might be because the estrogen levels in my body went up. So I know everyones differnt, and some people might have gotten worse breakouts while they were pregnant, but this has got me thinking, and now I'm thinking of maybe getting some pills. Nothing else has worked for me, and my skin was soo clear during this time. I duno, what do you guys think...of getting some estoven pills to increase my estrogen levels, I was looking at some from GNC that only have 2 ingreidents.

My sister in law (she is 50) said she had horrible acne (cysts) before she had her son. However, when she got pregnant with my nephew her face was completely clear. It stayed clear after he was born. He is 31. Now all she uses is Eurecin face cream. Her skin is flawless...you wouldn't even be able to tell she had acne.

I think it was definelty hormones with her. I know women go through so much when they get pregnant hormone wise that it makes sense to me.

My sister in law (she is 50) said she had horrible acne (cysts) before she had her son. However, when she got pregnant with my nephew her face was completely clear. It stayed clear after he was born. He is 31. Now all she uses is Eurecin face cream. Her skin is flawless...you wouldn't even be able to tell she had acne.

I think it was definelty hormones with her. I know women go through so much when they get pregnant hormone wise that it makes sense to me.

yea I have a cousin that had waaay worse problems than me and she got pregnant and her skin cleared and stayed that way. I wish mine would've stayed that way. My skin is actually starting to clear nicely now that I started useing StIves medicated scrub, hopefully it will continue to do so.

What other things did u try before the St. Ives?

I am using Witch Hazel, Tea Tree Bar and BP right now. It is working okay...but I really want to get rid of these hyperpigmentation marks.

What other things did u try before the St. Ives?

I am using Witch Hazel, Tea Tree Bar and BP right now. It is working okay...but I really want to get rid of these hyperpigmentation marks.

I have tried everything at the drugstore, I was affraid to use this new StIves though because the old one never worked for me. I have also tried alot of expensive stuff like Murad, proactive, MdForte, MdFormulations, Glytone, Clinique, dermalogica, jan marini (love her clean zyme, to get rid of dead skin build up) I tried ulta's formative line, I mean you name it and I have probably tried it. I tried differin and tazorac, tazorac was too harsh for me and differin did nothing.

idk if it is wise to go on estrogen pills .. i have never been pregnant so i cannot answer your questions but if ur body has enough estrogen then u don't need it and there could b side effects. Like for example i believe higher estrogen means your less likely to be sexually active... i think (now i think) it is the testosterone that destermines your libido. Maybe i am wrong about that but i still think that taking synthetic hormones could have side effects and taking soemthing xtra .. soemthing ur body doesn't need may not b a great idea. Maybe i am wrong but its my opinion.

I was thinking back to when I was pregnant and for the first 3 months my skin was as usuall all broke out, but after that it was completely clear. Then I started to wonder if this might be because the estrogen levels in my body went up. So I know everyones differnt, and some people might have gotten worse breakouts while they were pregnant, but this has got me thinking, and now I'm thinking of maybe getting some pills. Nothing else has worked for me, and my skin was soo clear during this time. I duno, what do you guys think...of getting some estoven pills to increase my estrogen levels, I was looking at some from GNC that only have 2 ingreidents.

i don't have kids but i believe this is the logic behind using bc for acne

yea I wasn't talking actual estrogen pills, maybe just those pills they make for menopause. But I think those just balance your hormones. I duno, the one I was looking at just had like 3 herbs in it, couldnt hurt too much. And I tried the birth controll thing, didnt help. Although I never made it past 2 months cause I always felt sick to my stomach so it wasnt woth it to me.