Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peace of mind

Try this-spend your time offline- and off acne.org

This site is great, it helped me when I was really down and out about my skin for a few months a while back. I was also looking for treatments I hadn't tried yet and there were lots of great ideas, and people going through the same shit. But I was spending waaay too much time on here and thinking about my acne. I decided fuck it, and go out, do what I want. Hard to do I know because I was thinking the same shit when other people have suggested it but they're right. Get off the computer and live. How long are you gonna feel sorry for yourself? And, since I've started to go out and stuff it's been LIVE. Some people might stare but FUCK 'em. Most are cool. Not saying its easy and I still think about my acne but not as much. Better than hiding out and shit because you're too worried about what other people think. Not ONE ounce of me gives a fuck what other people think. They ain't shit to me in the grand scheme of things. And they shouldn't be to yall either. I'm just looking ahead.

Just my suggestion and what worked for me for the last couple of months. And I know this doesn't apply to everyone-

I also am going back to my derm next week to see what my lab results are and hopefully start accutane!! yea!

Guest yoyoma

Agreed. I used to spend too much time here....and I didn't realize it that my self image was actually getting worse and worse. The irony was for me because as much as some people try to be positive and encouraging to each other, you also see many posts from the younger members here (mostly late teens and early/mid 20s) talking about "ooh....such and such member is cute" "Aww Brad Pitt is my Mansicle :wub: " and all that stuff, so...after a while its like that scenario of "Yeah I'll be your friend...even though you got acne, you are a nice person, beautiful both on the inside and outside and I want to...wait...damn was that Josh Harnett? Aw he so dreamy :wacko: "

:hand:

OK obviously after unregistering....I'm here...but muuuuch muuch less than before (I'd say no more than 1 hour/week), wasn't gonna reply to this post either but I thought I give my 2 cents.

I think someone should ban the people who'll start flaming the author.

I agree to the topic 100%

Guest Spike Rules89

you've been here like 5 days. Oh the horror

Spike Rules89

See how bad things are? Only 5 days and I've already seen enough. I'm starting to get a feeling that most of people here actually enjoy the suffer and dont want to end it because they flame people who try to cheer them up with inspiring styories and useful advice.

"You have to taste the sour before the sweet." and " You have to lose yourself to find yourself." So... It's not so bad to be in pain sometimes. It's what life is about. If there was no pain, there is no gain... During school, I will definetly spend less time online. I'll cut it down to 1-2 hours a night. Maybe more- depending on if it is needed for a project or not. For now, I just can't. The only things that I could do is read a book, watch tv, write, or do something more unsocial. The computer is- reading, writing, and watching tv. It's also a social network. I don't need to spend as much time with friends if I am online talking to them.

This site is great, it helped me when I was really down and out about my skin for a few months a while back. I was also looking for treatments I hadn't tried yet and there were lots of great ideas, and people going through the same shit. But I was spending waaay too much time on here and thinking about my acne. I decided fuck it, and go out, do what I want. Hard to do I know because I was thinking the same shit when other people have suggested it but they're right. Get off the computer and live. How long are you gonna feel sorry for yourself? And, since I've started to go out and stuff it's been LIVE. Some people might stare but FUCK 'em. Most are cool. Not saying its easy and I still think about my acne but not as much. Better than hiding out and shit because you're too worried about what other people think. Not ONE ounce of me gives a fuck what other people think. They ain't shit to me in the grand scheme of things. And they shouldn't be to yall either. I'm just looking ahead.

Just my suggestion and what worked for me for the last couple of months. And I know this doesn't apply to everyone-

I also am going back to my derm next week to see what my lab results are and hopefully start accutane!! yea!

moderation is the key :) on the weekends i usually am not online but i have a lot of time during the day when i'm not working on a project and i like good conversation and good arguements even!

p.s. your avatar is da bomb!

loveuforever57

Internet, phone, sms will never replace live communicating because these types of communications exclude eye contact. To explain it simply, think about this: lots of people in the net behave much more open and brave, while in life they dont seem to be that brave and open..

Who knows - will understand..

I love this site. I spend my weekdays on internet and weekends out. This forum is the best.. There is NO life with out this forum thats for sure!!!! :D

Sometimes, you don't have to make contact with people. If I want to make real eye contact, I turn on the webcam or just go and meet with them face to face.

A lot of people here are simply afraid and need the comfort and reassurance of others that their fear is ok and that it's ok to constantly go on living like this. A lot of people resort to the "It's society's fault" excuse, not realizing that society isn't what's on television or in the media, but that it's a large group of human beings, all of whom have problems, that live and try and cooexist together. A lot of people here are just too young to understand that there is more to life.

Big ups to the author of this thread, no sarcasm intended here.

I occasionally take a few days from this site. But overall - and even here in the EMO forum - there is alot of good support going on. There is connection, even if it's just "Hey, I've been there." That's important for ALL people - most certaintly including acne sufferers.

Yeah, there's drama. But what keeps me coming back is the support.