Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unclejohn323

How do you know when your acne is going away?

I've had acne for something like 5 years now. It has never been terrible, but is very persistent. If I don't use my Duac (benzoyl peroxide/antibiotic ointment), then I will break out with at least 3 whiteheads in a few days.

My routine consists of putting Duac on whenever I get out of the shower (1-2 times a day), and then putting Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisture on. It works pretty well so long as I'm consistent, but it often leaves my face with a really shiny, almost plasticy look.

I just turned 21, and am wondering how you know when your acne is going away. I've noticed that my chest acne and back acne are starting to fade (they were never too bad to begin with, probably 2-3 zits spread over at a time). I tried going off the Duac for a few days last summer, but broke out badly within a week.

I'm worried that the Duac/Moisturizer have made my face more naturally oily, and that I will have to go through a phase where my face isn't getting the drying effects of the Duac that it is used to.

When your acne went away, did it do so as you were using BP (no more zits popped up for a long time), or did you have to quit the regiment first?

why two of these?

-bob

I figured I'd ask both subsets... Those with adult acne don't necessarily use the regimen and those on the regiment aren't typically over 20 (well, that was my assumption).