Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ludacrisss

facial hair and acne?

My skin is clear but I like to grow stubble quite often heh. I'm wondering does, not person to person specifically, but generally does growing out facial hair have any influence on acne? To me it seems wierd because most of the time I grow a short beard I dont break out but sometimes I might get a pimple there so I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or have anything to do with the facial hair? Shouldnt the hairs let the oil travel out the pore easier since it goes down the hair shaft so less pore cloggage happens? I dono lol, help?

im not sure, but i dont think that the oil from your face travels along the hair. i think the hair has its own oil. therefore if the hair touches the face, the oil transfers from the hair to the face. so as long as your facial hair doesnt touch the skin i think your fine

-bob

i love my beard area as even if i get a pimple in it its never usually that bad and its sorta masked by the hair :D

id say as a rule it doesnt usually make it better/worse in terms of acne being produced