Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coralee

path toward clear skin

Updates are Posted Below--------Keep reading until the bottom!

Proactiv...I know, I know you're probably thinking go away because many of you hatee proactiv :lol: ....Well I'm trying Proactiv for myself. And I could care less about the price, because it's worth it! I've been using it for around 5 days today and I have to say my skin is looking better. :dance:

My skin condition before using proactiv= lots of annoying zits, whiteheads, pimples (small, the occassional big one).

After 5 days of Proactiv= 2-3 pimples, no more whiteheads, acne scars from before healing slowly....

What I've been doing:

Morning:

-Cleanser

-Toner

-Lotion

-Spot Treat either with the 6% Proactiv Blemish Healing Treatment/OR SA.

Night:

-Cleanser

-Toner

-Lotion

-Spot Treat

Now it may seem harsh right? like all those steps? well it is controlling my oil better than before, when i was using only a cheap supermarket brand my skin would be an oil haven...but now I love the clean feeling i get after using the proactiv and I'm also using a pressed powder that's oil-free......My skin is super super oily so perhaps those who've had horrible results aren't using the products right/have dry or combo skin.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update

It's been just under 1 week since i started doing the 3 steps 2x a day...Progress i'm happy to say! the big pimples are starting to shrink (but still there)...zits are going down, however I still have those acne scars (Redness) to remind me of those days....I'm going to buy Physician's Formula Talc-Free Mineral Wear Loose Powder to absorb the oil and perhaps cover up the redness....keeping my fingers crossed! i think by this rate, (it hasn't even been 1 whole week), i will have clear skin by the end of next week. (what my skin is like right now---->a few tiny zits, a few whiteheads on forehead, acne scars/redness, 2-3 pimples not very big)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update

Current skin condition: 3 whiteheads on forehead, nose-large pimple (ughh), cheeks- small little red bumps starting to fade, chin- 2 pimples, and acne scars and 2 small zits........

Alright, I can't handle the "Get Worse Before it Gets Better" thing about Proactiv. Because right now, eek pimples in places I have never had pimples. I'm not that person that waits 4 months to have perfect skin. Okay, so this is my plan, and this is what I started today (night time) and what I plan to continue forever and ever, that is if it works:

Morning:

Cetaphil Cleanser

Proactiv Toner

Proactiv Lotion

Night:

Cetaphil Cleanser

Proactiv Toner

Proactiv Lotion

Oh and I also bought the Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder in Light Translucent. (because i hate those acne scars)

And one last word for now, to all the people who've had trouble with Proactiv, well it's probably because of the Cleanser. A lot of people I've talked to really feel like the cleanser is vital for removing dead skin cells (due to the small beads in it). However many people dont know what the toner's purpose is. The toner contains glycolic acid which is a CHEMICAL way of removing dead skin cells..........the cleanser---physically removing the dead skin cells. So of course I chose the toner and substituted the harsh cleanser with a gentler one......NO need for EXTRA Exfoliation!! Don't get caught in using the Proactiv cleanser!!!! Cotton pad+PROACTIV Toner= my exfoliation,

I'm the type of person who likes a SET routine; NONE of that 'this twice a day,' however 'this 3 times a week', and 'this' '2 times a week' and every other day' this'! I ABSOLUTELY hate that!!! Simpler plan is better and you will remember it w/ no trouble!

If you don't believe me that the toner eliminates the dead skin cells, well just read the back of the bottle... :doh:

update in 1 day!