Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I work in an air conditioned office all day but on my lunch break I'll sometimes get in my car and leave work. The problem is that for some reason my head, particularly my face heats up like crazy in the warm sun. It's like a I sweat oil. I know there are sweat glands and sebaceous glands but my face just gets the coating like crazy as soon as it's out there. I come in and cool off and my face feels like it has a coating.

I've been doing the Regimen for a while now and it is working. My face is relatively clear. My question is whether I should address this oil issue or no. Occasionally, I will pat it down with a paper towel. Good idea?

Gently blotting with a clean paper towel is fine to absorb some of the excess sweat/oil. The coating you're feeling is probably moisturizer resurfaced. Depending on which moisturizer you use and how well you get it absorbed in the morning, it can resurface when you sweat during the day, which would explain the oily feeling. The coating afterwards is the sweat/moisturizer combo drying ontop of your skin.

Just use less or rub it into your skin better in the mornings, and if that doesn't work, perhaps try a different moisturizer.

Gently blotting with a clean paper towel is fine to absorb some of the excess sweat/oil. The coating you're feeling is probably moisturizer resurfaced. Depending on which moisturizer you use and how well you get it absorbed in the morning, it can resurface when you sweat during the day, which would explain the oily feeling. The coating afterwards is the sweat/moisturizer combo drying ontop of your skin.

Just use less or rub it into your skin better in the mornings, and if that doesn't work, perhaps try a different moisturizer.

Thanks. I was first using the Eucerin mentioned in the Regimen, now I'm using the same thing just 30 SPF (that is what the store had at the time). I guess I'm alright then.

what cleanser are you using? cause some strip your face of natural oil so your skin over compensates to replenish it, there for producing loads more oil than your skin needs.

It's a line we see once a week or so, and you can always tell they're just repeating what they read from someone else because the post always contains the words: strip, natural oil, and compensate. There's no support to the theory whatsoever.

It's a line we see once a week or so, and you can always tell they're just repeating what they read from someone else because the post always contains the words: strip, natural oil, and compensate. There's no support to the theory whatsoever.

Very good to know. Thank you. That being said, what are the negatives with overdrying your face with soap/cleanser? Is it just the uncomfortable irritation?

Dry skin is irritated skin, as skin is meant to be adequately hydrated. Any irritation, including that from dry skin, can potentially exacerbate acne.

from personal experiance, if i used a harsh cleanser, i found my face would be really oily, rather when i used a sensistive one, my face would stay alot less oily than b4