Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Tips on the cracked & peeling lips!

OMG its getting worse everyday! Peeling and the corners of my mouth are all red and flaky! The other night my friend told me to wipe the lispstick off the corners of my lips and i was like uhhhhh thanks :redface:

Does anyone know of anything that can help this? I use dr. dan's cortibalm and i use it like 10 times a day! I lightly exfoilate my lips with a toothbrush or a paper towel and nothing is working...

S.O.S please! :pray:

OMG its getting worse everyday! Peeling and the corners of my mouth are all red and flaky! The other night my friend told me to wipe the lispstick off the corners of my lips and i was like uhhhhh thanks :redface:

Does anyone know of anything that can help this? I use dr. dan's cortibalm and i use it like 10 times a day! I lightly exfoilate my lips with a toothbrush or a paper towel and nothing is working...

S.O.S please! :pray:

Don't try to exfoliate your lips! That's going to make it worse. Just do the balm and stop messing... it's much more sensitive tissue than the skin on your face. Might try plain old vaseline... gross but it'll keep them from drying out.

Don't exfoliate. Use Aquaphor Healing Ointment by Eucerin. You can buy it at Target or anywhere else. It's amazing. It actually heals your lips so they feel good even when you have nothing on.

Don't exfoliate. Use Aquaphor Healing Ointment by Eucerin. You can buy it at Target or anywhere else. It's amazing. It actually heals your lips so they feel good even when you have nothing on.

Aquaphor is AMAZING. I'm surprised your derm didn't give you a few samples.

vitamin E capsules!!!!!!!!!

If it's reallybad for you, take 1200IU instead of the normal 800IU.

I had really bad cracks on the sides of my lips and my lips too (I know it looks like there's white all over!).... the Vit E was a miracle pill..... the cracks were gone after 2 nights!

I take them at night since during the day didn't seem to help as much, but now I just use my lip balms a few times a day and I'm set! No more hurt and dry lips.

Please try it!

Stop exfoliating.

Keep using the Cortibalm, but use it a base coat. Use something more moisturizing on top like Aquaphor or Clinique's Superbalm.

And don't expect too much. Your lips will still be peeling and red, they will just be more comfortable and peel less often.

oh my gosh! i cant believe i wasnt suppose to exfoilate and thats what ive been doing the whole time. I knew there was something wrong here! okay so im going to just put the cortibalm and maybe some vaseline over and leave em alone.. yah ill up my vitamin E dose too!

thanks guys! ill let ya know how it goes!

Vit E is great. Helps with a lot of the side effects, I get very itchy eyes when i dont take it. Also Vit C is a good thing to add generally, 1-2grams a day(get the powder, much cheaper). Helps with healing, which your lips are obvious contiuously trying to do. I like Elizabeth Ardens 8Hr cream for lips, pricey but lasts loooong, i just use it at night because its so thick and i get be in work with uber shiney lips. Its essentially just a petro.jelly(vaseline) with a stabelised vit e though.

Aquaphor.. Aquaphor.. Aquaphor. It is a lifesavor. Put a bunch on before bed and your lips are smooth and soft at morning.