Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Besides changing my diet completely, I am just now going to start a B5 regiment to help with my remaining acne and also to hopefully dry up my face a bit, as it has always been very oily. My question is, is all B5 (pantothenic acid) the same, regardless of name brand? I went to the healthfood store today and picked up a bottle of 500mg Pantothenic acid. The lable on the back reads, "Pantothenic Acid - 500mg (as D-calcium pantothenate), Calcium - 50mg (as D-Calcium pantothenate). This is the right stuff correct? Also says on the label, "referred to as B5".. but i just wanted to make sure there wasnt really a difference as far as name brand ect.

Thanks.

oh, and also, the brand name of this supplement is Solgar.. not that it matters.

You would think all B5 is the same, but I have heard that some brands are better than others, probably due to quality of the B5 in em. The only one I recall as people complaining about was GNC brand. I personally use the NOW brand and find it works good, so i've stuck with it. So it might matter about the brand, but I wouldnt worry too much about it.

ok, well for now then ill stick with this Solgar pantothenic acid.. I would figure it would work the same as the stuff thats being marketed as an acne treatment.

Also, it is often said to go with 10g a day. Im wonderin if 6 is ok, as 20 pills a day can get annoying and expensive.

And, it has also been said to take a b complex along with this. How much of the b complex, if anyone knows? I mean, is 1 a day ok, or should I take 1 with each group of B5 pills I take? Thanks.