Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashen5

Using the CSR ONCE daily?!

I've been on the regime for about 2 1/2 months now...acne is cleared up and i rarely get new zits...BUUUUUT my complexion has gone all to hell :cry: . My face and neck is red and spotty (not bumpy, just little red colored uneven skin tone dots) and i'm still verrrrry dry (and i use the eucerin dry skin %5 urea stuff). So, would anyone advise or has anyone had success with only using the regime at night and kinda letting your skin heal/prepare for the regime during the day (as in: NO bp during the day BUT STILL cleanser and moisture)? Thanks.

I've been on the regime for about 2 1/2 months now...acne is cleared up and i rarely get new zits...BUUUUUT my complexion has gone all to hell :cry: . My face and neck is red and spotty (not bumpy, just little red colored uneven skin tone dots) and i'm still verrrrry dry (and i use the eucerin dry skin %5 urea stuff). So, would anyone advise or has anyone had success with only using the regime at night and kinda letting your skin heal/prepare for the regime during the day (as in: NO bp during the day BUT STILL cleanser and moisture)? Thanks.

I only do the full regime in the evening - in the morning I just wash and apply moisturizer.

Try using another moisturizer - the Eucerin didn't work for me - it just made me red and I tried it over a long period. Now I just use a "Nivea for men" and it works wonder.

I have the same problem, I tried switching to BP once at night to try and let my skin heal, but after a week or so started getting new zits (which is rare since I started the regimen). So I went back to twice daily and its back to "normal". It didn't seem to help the dryness when I cut back, though I quit after a week. Everyone is different, give it a go and see how your skin reacts. Don't worry about the "rules', people twist the regimen all the time, and some have success.

i have done once daily regimen with sucess . because my skin is oily , twice daily regimen makes it overly dry. .. but everybody`s skin is different , u can give it a try ...

If your skin is too dry, then you're not using enough moisturizer!

If necessary, reapply during the day! :)

I'm doing once a day right now, and it seems to be working. However, I had mild acne for the most part. I think it depends on how severe it is. For mild to moderate, once a day can work for some people I think. It seems to be working for me (3 weeks in).