Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dave84

Tetracycline and Differin

hey guys my derm put me on tetracycline and differin last week and i just wondered if any of you have experienced with this combination. i have been allergic to tetracycline a few years ago but i'm so desperate that i'm tryin it again. so far my acne has gotten even worse and it was already really bad, it's at the point where it's unbearable, but this is my last chance before i try accutane and i'm REALLY hoping it works because i'm scared as hell to go on accutane. please let me know wat you think of this combination. thanks.

not necessarily your last chance... what you are prescribed is not that strong.

It is also common to get worse before it gets better (initial breakout), give most regimen a honest try for awhile and it will usually pay off.

A common *pre* tane combo consist of

Morning

1. antibiotic

2. benzaclin or something simiar like duac

night

1. antibiotic

2. Tazorac (strongest retinoid)

Did you tell him of your issues with tetracycline? There are other antibiotics such as bactrim tho I am not familiar with it. I am sure that your derm want to see you again after a few weeks and will address any needs, just keep yourself inform of possible drugs that he can prescribe and generally be an educated consumer. You can always ask about a particular drug and ask for his opinion as to why he did or did not prescribe it and where he wants to go with your skin.

Don't be scare of tane, you need to respect that it can have serious consequences, but it is like plastic bags has warning of possible suffocation... its legalese to cover asses.

not necessarily your last chance... what you are prescribed is not that strong.

It is also common to get worse before it gets better (initial breakout), give most regimen a honest try for awhile and it will usually pay off.

A common *pre* tane combo consist of

Morning

1. antibiotic

2. benzaclin or something simiar like duac

night

1. antibiotic

2. Tazorac (strongest retinoid)

Did you tell him of your issues with tetracycline? There are other antibiotics such as bactrim tho I am not familiar with it. I am sure that your derm want to see you again after a few weeks and will address any needs, just keep yourself inform of possible drugs that he can prescribe and generally be an educated consumer. You can always ask about a particular drug and ask for his opinion as to why he did or did not prescribe it and where he wants to go with your skin.

Don't be scare of tane, you need to respect that it can have serious consequences, but it is like plastic bags has warning of possible suffocation... its legalese to cover asses.

i was on tazorac for 12 weeks i got clear now ive been off of it for 10 days still clear... when do you think i should go back on?

i went off due to the drynesss and bad texture of my skin

Danman1: I have no idea...

I know a lot of people first apply taz for like 30 minutes at night and then wash it off in the beginning to lessen the initaial peeling/redness. perhaps that s a possibility.

I also plan to ask my derm of the possibility of switching to differin after it has become apparent that I just need to maintain pore health etc since differin market itself as gentlers and cosmetically elegant...

*tazorac's own data dispute that :P

http://www.tazorac.com/proof_clinically.asp