Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Last week, I got two pimples injected for the first time. I have fairly clear skin but get extremly self conscious when I get large cystic acne. Anyhow, I was really upset about my skin so I decided to see a family friend who is a dermatologist. He injected both pimples (one on my "upper lip" region and the other on my chin). Two days later I noticed that the injected pimple on my chin has started to atrophy. It has been more then a week and it looks like a chicken pock mark. The other pimple is slightly dented- much less then the one on the chin. I am realllyyyy upset and scared that it is going to stay that way. Again, my skin is pretty clear except now I have a large dark dent in my chin area that Im scared is going to stay for a long time :cry: Anyone have this recently happen to them or know how long I can hope to see some improvement???

:( Tweety sorry to hear about your dent. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but among the people I know, 98% of those dumb enough to get their zit injected end up with a dent. That's why it's not done too often. Have you ever thought of just sitting on your hands? That way you wouldn't pick at your face and also you wouldn't be able to dial a dermatologist for a simple zit that will go away by itself.

:( Tweety sorry to hear about your dent. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but among the people I know, 98% of those dumb enough to get their zit injected end up with a dent. That's why it's not done too often. Have you ever thought of just sitting on your hands? That way you wouldn't pick at your face and also you wouldn't be able to dial a dermatologist for a simple zit that will go away by itself.

Shappy- Thanks for the glowing remarks. I am really hurt and I feel like you dont understand my pain. Have you ever had bad cystic acne? All you do is Shap around all day and give out advice that clearly is not accurate...... ps.. what is for dinner?

Tweety--sometimes the truth hurts. Maybe instead of focusing on your pimples you should like go something good for mankind. Go volunteer in a hospital or something. I personally am very fat but I don't dwell on it. Should I go to a dermatologist and get my fat injected? GEt a life Tweety!!

Shappy: i've had countless zits injected and i've never had a problem. I also do not consider myself dumb but thank you for that useless generalization. Injections are very useful for important upcoming events as they decrease the zit and frankly most dermatologists dilute the serum so that atrophy is highly unlikely. Also for those who "left it alone" sometimes it actually creates a very large crater-like scar whereas an injection can decrease the inflamation thus decreasing the potential for scaring on a larger scale.

but whatever. your opinion. so i'm presenting mine.

Tweety: also, in cases of very deep set cysts, sometimes its the scar and not the atrophy that is caused by the injection. Your skin should fill in with time.

Tired of Waiting:

Hi, I just got a few cysts injected today and was wondering how long it usually took to notice a difference in yours. My derm. said they should be gone in 3-7 days...I know she used a dilluted solution and she said something about putting some antiseptic medication in the solution as well. Will it help with the redness right awya? It's been about 2 hours since the injections...I put BP on them and they seem to be doing better. Looks like one is kinda swollen, though...by the way, I live in St. Louis...do you know if you can buy Vichy products at a drugstore? What particualr item do you use for spot treatment of cystic acne? Thanks for your help in advance!

-Maggie

;)

Most of the "scars" I've gotten from cysts though have gone away naturally in a few months. Anybody out there know anything about how long it usually takes to see a difference after an injection with a dilluted cortisone solution? ...

Most of the "scars" I've gotten from cysts though have gone away naturally in a few months. Anybody out there know anything about how long it usually takes to see a difference after an injection with a dilluted cortisone solution? ...

Well I dont think my solution was diluted... but i noticed a difference within 24 hours. Within about 48 hours it was significantly smaller...in fact both have slightly atrophied:( Good news is that it went down i guess...

Tweety2,

I have had several injected..Do NOT feel bad for having cysts injected..They hurt and scar....

I had one on my cheek and it dented a little, but after a week it started to go away...

It wasn't anything that others could notice, but I could..

I just had three injected the other day....

So, don't worry hun...

Tweety2,

I have had several injected..Do NOT feel bad for having cysts injected..They hurt and scar....

I had one on my cheek and it dented a little, but after a week it started to go away...

It wasn't anything that others could notice, but I could..

I just had three injected the other day....

So, don't worry hun...

Thanks Bella.. Ive had mine done on the 3rd of July, so about a week and a half. I really hope mine starts going away soon:( I dont even want to look in the mirror because it makes me depressed to think it might be permanent

Tired of Waiting:

Hi, I just got a few cysts injected today and was wondering how long it usually took to notice a difference in yours. My derm. said they should be gone in 3-7 days...I know she used a dilluted solution and she said something about putting some antiseptic medication in the solution as well. Will it help with the redness right awya? It's been about 2 hours since the injections...I put BP on them and they seem to be doing better. Looks like one is kinda swollen, though...by the way, I live in St. Louis...do you know if you can buy Vichy products at a drugstore? What particualr item do you use for spot treatment of cystic acne? Thanks for your help in advance!

-Maggie

;)

I've only ever had 3 injected and within 24 hours they were all reduced DRASTICALLY, and by the 48 hour point, they were completely gone. everybody's results will vary, but those were mine. just let the medicine do its work and dont pick and you'll be golden.

Tired of Waiting:

-Maggie

;)

I've only ever had 3 injected and within 24 hours they were all reduced DRASTICALLY, and by the 48 hour point, they were completely gone. everybody's results will vary, but those were mine. just let the medicine do its work and dont pick and you'll be golden.

Thats good advice. I usually see full results in 48-36 hours when I get an injection. I find that when i use a topical like benzamycin (which has an antibiotic and benzol peroxide) it helps with the healing as well. Also there are some topical anti-inflammatories that can help. An antiseptic gel will help prevent infection and can speed along treatment. I have heard mention of neosporin as it has very positive antibiotic properties and anti-inflammatory ones as well!

Asprin can help as well to decrease the inflammtion. It is normal to experience a bit of it following an injection especially if the area is sensitive or your skin is very sensitive like mine!

For vichy products the best i've found is Normaderm Vichy concentrate for sudden localized breakouts. It is not drying and can be used during the day. When i don't use BP i usually put this on any areas i'm concerned will break out or a brewing pimple. I'm not sure how useful it would be on a cyst but it is an excellent spot treatment!

Hope this helps!