Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct place, but my friend has a salt water pool. I read somewhere on this website that salt is pore-clogging. In that case, would the salt water in the pool cause me to break out?Just curious- Thanks!

i find that salt water makes my skin better, especially the ocean. i remember when i went to a holiday place a year or so ago, i swam in the ocean for about an hour everyday for a week and my skin was basically clear.

I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct place, but my friend has a salt water pool. I read somewhere on this website that salt is pore-clogging. In that case, would the salt water in the pool cause me to break out?Just curious- Thanks!

Actually people use saltwater as a treatment for acne.

When I went to Hawaii, the salt water really cleared up my face. There is a difference between sea salt and regular plain salt + water though. Sea salt contains bacteria that is attributed to clearing up peoples faces. I don't think plain salt + water would hurt, I dunno if it would help at all either. Just to be safe, rinse your face off after you swim.