Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you POP or LEAVE?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you pop your pimple or just leave and hope it goes away?

• I POP
    • I LEAVE

There are many different opinions on whether you should pop a pimple or just leave it in hope that it goes away. I would be interested to know who Pops their pimples and who leaves them purposely.

Should be a "depends" option. If I'm smart, I'll only pop the really ready ones. Of course, somedays I go a little crazy and wind up popping way too much!

I unfortunately am a popper.... my view is that i would rather hae little red marks or scabs rather than see people with these big whiteheads just waiving to everybody who looks at my face.... I also often pop those like painful onces... not cysts but u cant see a whitehead but its obvious from the pain it wants to escape... the only places i regret popping or queezing out blackheads and whiteheads is my upper cheeks as my pores seem to be the largest there and i have many scars that wont go away now.... newhere else i have no problems with marks lasting long... of course i do try and pop cysts that i get on my chin but thats a MAJOR NO NO! i have a small circled raised scar from a wicked cysts last september which is right when my acne started to get worse then ever before... almost to my 1 year shit face anniversary YAY!

i pop on the nose or in the chin area (not the whole chin, just right below the lip where the chin curves in). i also pop on my forehead and between my eyebrows. but when it comes to my cheek bones or below my eyelids or beside my lips i not pop or if its nescesary i squeeze very gently and if it doesnt come out i just put tea tree oil on it.

I pop only white head's, with a needle, prick it, than pop it til it drains, than squeeze gently with paper towler/napkin til blood only comes out, than i push on it, wash my face, apply clean/clear ointment, goto sleep. and it'll be smaller by morning, and heal 1-2 days.

if it has a head you should pop it, it goes away faster, but i've poped some without heads whihc really helped but its up to you to make the decision on if its poppable

realistically, if it has a head on it then it's 'ready' to come out and so if i can i pop them or tweeze the white head off and gentely wipe the crap away/

im trying not to because i know everyone says its bad,

but honestly i feel like it often makes it go away faster for me,

im trying to experiment by not fussing with some and they are there FORREEEVVERR with like no change at all, :doubt:

when i dont, and it actually does go down it seems to just come back up again a while later.

sometimes i feel like its just better to get it over with so it can get to healing.

but there is a pretty big diffrence between what can and what cant be, if it shouldnt be messed with and you do it tends to get much worse. unfortuantly thigns are always much clearer in retrospect