Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OWNAGE101

Help!!! About accutane

Hello everybody. I am going to be going to my dermatologist on the 18th of this month. He will most likely prescribe accutane for me. I am very nervous going into this. I am worried about all of the permanent and very bad side effects. And then they told me that I can't lift weights at all when i'm on accutane. Especially since I like to lift heavy weights and train hard. I've heard some people say that they've lifted weights and had bad experiences, and some said they were fine. But I don't know if they train as hard as I do. Should I worry about the side effects as bad as I am? Should I stop lifting all together when im on accutane? Thanks for all of your help.

-Chris

I've also heard that working out is a lot harder while on accutane since you tend to get sore very easy....

if you think you can go without (or cut back a lot) for 6 months or however long your accutane run is, then I'd consider it. If not then you might want to check out the alternatives.

by the way, the side effects are not THAT scary, don't over worry yourself!

And then they told me that I can't lift weights at all when i'm on accutane.

I've heard some people say that they've lifted weights and had bad experiences, and some said they were fine. Should I stop lifting all together when im on accutane?

Did you ask what bad experiences they had? Your going to your doc. soon so ask them..thats if he/she even prescribes it to you.

I still train and I'm on accutane, I didn't see any decrease in strength or anything. Although I do like going heavy on squats and my knees have felt a little sore afterwards but its bearable.. Just carry on I'd say and see how you get on..

Thank you all for your help. I know I seem like a n00b when it comes to the issue of acne. But I've had it for a while and on the 18th, the doc told me that he will be putting me on accutane. I've tried all of the topicals and i've been taking doxycycline for 2 1/2 months. The doc says that if I ever want my skin to be completely clear, i'm going to have to take accutane. Thanks for the advice about training David. I'll see how it goes. I can't wait to start taking accutane! Thanks again everybody and take care.

I went on accutane twice and I never had any problems with it at all except for dry skin and cracked lips. Besides that, I had no problem working out or having my bones ache. Accutane works great.. dont be scared!! If it was so horrible for you, doctors would not prescribe it:)

I lift weights, well I don't know if a 13 lb barbell is considered lifting weights compared to what you're doing :lol: but so far I feel fine and I've been on Accutane for a month now

I lift heavy on accutane and haven't had any real joint pain. I did my legs on wednesday and they are still sore though. I think its taking longer for me to heal. Other than that you should be fine.

Thanks to all of you for your help. I know I don't post here a lot and I seem like a noob. But I don't post because I can't offer much help and I don't have that much to say. Thanks again and I might post an accutane log once I start it. Take it easy and have a nice weekend everyone.