Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

Glycolic Acid Users CHECK THIS OUT! PICS

s4y: It was pinkish for about 3-4 weeks...then turned to brown...

I'm actually a student at UCLA studying biochemistry and i got the opportunity to ask one of my professors about my little boo boo and aside from severely scolding me he went into a complex explaination for why it happened. I can't explain it anymore but it really does make sense that your skin could turn brown. I should have asked him about the difference between skin types (i.e. different races) but i forgot. =( BE CAREFUL W/ YOUR SKIN...IT'S ONE OF YOUR BODY'S LARGEST ORGANS SO DON'T MESS IT UP!!

hey pepper, I think your doing great! I hope everything works out for you. I've noticed a lot of negativity on this board in regards to what your doing. I think a lot of people don't want to see you get better and are rooting for you to fail...which is a very sad thing. I was amazed to see how your skin healed so far...but in your original pics I never really saw any red marks? anyway it looks good and I hope your skin clears really well. Good luck!

GA is proven to help scars and is backed up my scientific research. Dan experimented by using more BP as usual, same as Sgt Pepper who is experimenting with more GA as usual.

Using more of a 2.5% bp is by all means weaksauce. If he had tried maybe a 20% bp then yes, the metaphor would be equivalent. However, there is a large difference between a 20% GA peel and a 50% GA peel. So this is definitely experimentally different, and I am not sure the research has been done on a 50% GA peel specifically, which I was alluding to in my previous post.

s4y: It was pinkish for about 3-4 weeks...then turned to brown...

I'm actually a student at UCLA studying biochemistry and i got the opportunity to ask one of my professors about my little boo boo and aside from severely scolding me he went into a complex explaination for why it happened. I can't explain it anymore but it really does make sense that your skin could turn brown. I should have asked him about the difference between skin types (i.e. different races) but i forgot. =( BE CAREFUL W/ YOUR SKIN...IT'S ONE OF YOUR BODY'S LARGEST ORGANS SO DON'T MESS IT UP!!

I hope things work out for you lexi. See a biochemist with a PhD would have more background with chemical reactions in the body then we would so let's not kid ourselves to think that what Sgt did is the cure all for brown spots.

I may sound negative, but I only do so because it would be unfortunate that people after reading this thread, do the same thing prematurely without researching the topic thoroughly, inevitably making a mistake and compounding the problem.

GA is proven to help scars and is backed up my scientific research. Dan experimented by using more BP as usual, same as Sgt Pepper who is experimenting with more GA as usual.

Using more of a 2.5% bp is by all means weaksauce. If he had tried maybe a 20% bp then yes, the metaphor would be equivalent. However, there is a large difference between a 20% GA peel and a 50% GA peel. So this is definitely experimentally different, and I am not sure the research has been done on a 50% GA peel specifically, which I was alluding to in my previous post.

Yeah, I agree. I'm just trying to say that he probably knows the risks, and has already done the peel. My point was to stop people from constantly discouraging him, even though he already did it.

@lexi1613

How looks your skin at the moment. Does the whole area where you applied the acid turn brown. Does those brown marks fade or is it permanent. You don't sound as if it's a serious problem. Ask your prof again tell us more. :P

the problem was not so much with the fact that he used 50%, but the fact that he left it on for 45min!

when you buy a 30% GA, all the isntructions say to leave it on for 2-5 min, otherwise, your skin can get burnt

it's an ACID, for god's sake!

the problem was not so much with the fact that he used 50%, but the fact that he left it on for 45min!

when you buy a 30% GA, all the isntructions say to leave it on for 2-5 min, otherwise, your skin can get burnt

it's an ACID, for god's sake!

:shock: I missed the part that he left it on for 45 min. That makes sense. I suppose following instructions would be of vital importance especially with an acid.

well i suppose that clinics keep it on for longer made sgt pepper want to do it the clinic way, asn he saw great results.

clinics put it on longer cause they know what there doing, but these "home kits" are for ordinary people so the guidlines are like 5 mins max so you can control the outcome,

plus its a way of using the same amount for less time which means you would need to keep buying more, making teh company money.

Asians: PLEASE DO NOT ever use glycolic acid peels, because they will cause hyperpigmentation. Asians are much more predisposed to producing melanin, even though they can have relatively fair skin, which will make you unhappy.

well i suppose that clinics keep it on for longer made sgt pepper want to do it the clinic way, asn he saw great results.

clinics put it on longer cause they know what there doing, but these "home kits" are for ordinary people so the guidlines are like 5 mins max so you can control the outcome,

plus its a way of using the same amount for less time which means you would need to keep buying more, making teh company money.

how about the fact that not everyone has 2 weeks to recover from such a ridiculous peel. i commend sgt pepper on what he did, it took alot of balls, but i do not neccessarily agree with it. although he figured clinics do it, so why not do it at home; he still took a great risk. i hope all works out for him!

BUMP

What's the deal? Let's see some new pics. I think we are all entitled to see evidence that it does work. :confused:

s4y: haha i only don't sound extremely stressed out because i was smart enough to put it on an area that is easily conceilable. (on my legs). I originally wanted to get rid of some scars from other things (non acne related) and now i have complete patches of brown marks all over my leg. Everywhere that the acid was applied has now effectively turned brown. Even though i've been sweating it out in pants and boots all summer, i am extremely stressed about my legs. However i've been applying elicina twice a day and it seems to be working. The fading has improved by about 70% in the last two weeks. (i know it has mixed reviews but it seems to work for me) I think elicina is almost the same as doing mini peels. I don't really believe what they say about the snail poop or whatever is supposed to be in it.

I will definately try to pump my professor for more information but he's super busy hehe =)

I also wanted to tell everyone that this is definately a great board with great people. i don't really have much of an acne problem but i think everyone could benefit from reading this board. It should be called skincare.org!

all i can say is that your a bloody nutter! lol

the results look pretty promising tho man, would like to see some more recent pics however.

gl dude, hope it all goes well in the end. you got some balls if nothing else lol

Guest Johnny Drama

Dude, your one crazy mo fo. Hope it works out.

Where is SGt Pepper and where are his updated pics?

we need to organize a QUEST FOR SGT PEPPER!

anyone seen him lately?

Acid ate him or he just started being too popular and decided to cool it off for a while?

$1 prize for papparazzi photos!

Actually, I've seen his id at the bottom of this forum so he has visited. He's only browsing and not updating. Something tells me his experiment went bad.

i guess

but if it's true, he should at least visit and share it with us

for the sake of people that were so into his foolish experiment, just to tell them not to follow his steps

or, to prove us wrong?

sgt pepper, where are you?

Hello,

All is well and fine and im sunning myself up in York, ive moved back into my university house and there is a lack of internet here unless i make the trek to the Uni's LRC. Which where i am now. These computers are internet only and have a programme to stop any downloads and uploads so i will paste my most recent pics when i;

a)go back home

b)figure out how to hack into these computers

The experiment treatment was not

foolish

I'll get some pics up soon enough, at the moment by skin is smooth and even toned but a shade of turd brown because of the intense english sun. i have been using the highest uv blocking cream i could get my hands on, so hopefully i've escaped cancer.

I'm glad you've responded. So your skin is still brown? Is that normal 2 weeks after a peel?