Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

Glycolic Acid Users CHECK THIS OUT! PICS

Guest nec77

how old are you? and what age did she recommend you be?

You'll have great skin for few days, then acne'll come back, there will be new redmarks and you'll do this INSANE again... Some like it eXtreeme way, but you all should consider risks, advantages and disadvantages...

Don't play with acids...

Agreed. The acids will torch your face with continued use. Listen to the dermatologist. This is for old people with spots and wrinkles, not younguns looking for the overnight cure for some dark spots. :boohoo:

You'll have great skin for few days, then acne'll come back, there will be new redmarks and you'll do this INSANE again... Some like it eXtreeme way, but you all should consider risks, advantages and disadvantages...

Don't play with acids...

I shouldn't really waste my time replying to these sort of comments but i can't resist. My acne is no longer an issue and hasn't been for years. I did get a spot or two now and again but the bp and dermastyle pen put a stop to them.

Its not ''INASANE" otherwise clinics across the globe wouldn't be doing them.

And if you bothered to read my posts you will know that i did consider risks (which are minimal) and took my time to research.

Can I ask which sunscreen you are using? Also have you ever tried Mario Badescu Products? If so what are your views on them? Has anyone else ever tried Mario Badescu? If so what are your views?

Im using Boots Soltan Mens Sunscreen....non comedogenic. I have never tried Mario Badescu products.

I wanna know about those normal glycolic peels in the past. I'd like to try this treatment but i've used only 30 % glycolic acid so far. I've less sensitive skin but i guess your's a bit thicker. Would you reckon up those glycolic peels and is 30% tca aggressive?

I've done lots of 15%, 30% peels before. I found the TCA peel to be even less effective than glycolic.

I have lots of red marks but i have some wich are like a year or so old and there the main ones is it possible to do this 45min peel on eac indervidual mark?

You could yeah, but it will be harder to keep the scab from being peeled away early, which could result in a scar.

I asked my mother's derm about using this, and she told me I'm too young and I don't even need it. How discouraging. She instead gave me this clinique spot treatment gel with fricken 1% salicylic acid, in which I am using 2.5% NOW. How frustrating.

Lol that will take only 3 years. I think the derm said you are too young because Glycolic acids main use in the cosmetic world is for older people who want fine lines and liver spots to be removed. As long as you're over 18 it should be fine.

I feel sorry for you, Sgt Pepper.

There's too many people commenting with negative remarks.

People, he's not insane for experimenting. This site would've never been here if Dan had not experimented with BP, so why is Sgt Pepper so insane for experimenting with GA?

Guest nec77

how old are you? and what age did she recommend you be?

I am 21, and she said she reccomended the peels to someone middle aged who has a lot of wrinkles and age spots.

the marks should be gone in 10+ years... they better!

Yeah. would you post some new pics. Pls. Don't wanna annoy you but i'd like to see how the redding is fading.

I feel sorry for you, Sgt Pepper.

There's too many people commenting with negative remarks.

People, he's not insane for experimenting. This site would've never been here if Dan had not experimented with BP, so why is Sgt Pepper so insane for experimenting with GA?

Yeah, I second that. I am sick of people who think they are making some sort of statement by saying something negative. We've ALL experiemented on our faces using different products whether they work or not.

Besides, we are all here looking for support on these message boards, not to be annoyed by people with negative attitudes.

St pepper- would you ever consider doing the acid on other parts of your face? The chin, maybe? I have more problems with that area than any other area, and if I get red marks they seem to last a long time, while red marks anywhere else on my face fade faster. hrm, because my chin takes longer to heal I wonder if the acid would also take longer to heal.

-Sarah

wow thats soo [email protected]!!! I would be so freaked to do it myself, but I definitely think its going to heal up fine.

Pushing Up Roses, I think thats strange that the derm said your too young...maybe he thinks your skin isn't too bad. I just had a derm appt today where he actually put glycolic acid on my face and told me to go come back in 2 weeks for it again...said its usually for older people to get rid of some wrinkles...but he did anyway. I'm 25 btw.

I'll post some pics in a few days when my intensive fake tan wears off.

St pepper- would you ever consider doing the acid on other parts of your face? The chin, maybe? I have more problems with that area than any other area, and if I get red marks they seem to last a long time, while red marks anywhere else on my face fade faster. hrm, because my chin takes longer to heal I wonder if the acid would also take longer to heal.
Do you have any before pictures showing your scars?

No, i didn't really want to look at them any more than i had to and i wasn't planning on documenting the process.

What sunless tanner do you use. My tanner isn't really hiding such huge reddings.

Im not sure it'll will hide the very dark marks but takes care of uneven skin tone and lighter marks, not to mention gives you a lovely toasty appearance.

Its Boots Soltan, 3 in 1 face peel mask. Its really good as its non comedogenic, moisturizers and gives you a nice even looking tan.

I just thought I would say well done for trying this out. The results look very good. I might try something similar for the scarring on my chest (I might try to build it up gradually though rather than go for 50% straight away).

I've also noticed a lot of haters and attitude across this board and I think those of us who genuinely want to get rid of our skin complaints are best off ignoring these people.

You've done great :D . Post another pic!! I'm curious to see how the redness has gone.

Hi i'm new and actually registered just so i could post up what i have to say....

I did the exact same thing as you, figuring if i kept it on longer i'd get better results and for a while there i was..my skin was pinkish underneath and everything i thought was going to go great...UNTIL one day the area that i did the peel on started turning brown...very dark brown. I believe it's post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It's been about 6 months and the scars are still there. It is getting better and my orignial scars are definately gone but it was just an unexpected consequence to my impatience. I don't know if it's because i'm asian and apparently asians get brown marks a lot easier but now i spend 40 minutes a day following delna's method (which seems to be working!) trying to get these scars to fade faster. Be warned if anyone is going to try this and use it only if desperate.

you will only get hyperpigmentation if the new skin comes in contact with UV rays and doing the peel shouldn't leave you inflammed.

Perhaps you had an adverse reaction to the acid.

This site would've never been here if Dan had not experimented with BP, so why is Sgt Pepper so insane for experimenting with GA?

BP has been a proven mainstay for acne treatment and is backed up by scientific research. Dan wasn't experimenting at all. Using a 50% GA peel is not necessarily backed up by the same type of research, and Sgt. Pepper is truly experiment with his face.

By the way, can we see some recent pics or is the brown spot not coming off. :confused:

Oh and what lexi says makes sense. Putting that amount of acid on your face may leave a dark scar. This is where science is useful before making a drastic decision such as what you did, and I hope others may think and research the treatment before going for the quick fix.

Sgt Pepper...You sir are a brave person..

..and I applaud you for having the guts to do this.. :clap:

I hope it all heals wonderfully for you and that you have no scars..

you deserve it.

Guest nec77

the glycolic acid got him :cool: . plz post more pics :razz: .

This site would've never been here if Dan had not experimented with BP, so why is Sgt Pepper so insane for experimenting with GA?

BP has been a proven mainstay for acne treatment and is backed up by scientific research. Dan wasn't experimenting at all. Using a 50% GA peel is not necessarily backed up by the same type of research, and Sgt. Pepper is truly experiment with his face.

GA is proven to help scars and is backed up my scientific research. Dan experimented by using more BP as usual, same as Sgt Pepper who is experimenting with more GA as usual.