Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

Glycolic Acid Users CHECK THIS OUT! PICS

Wow, once you heal you'll have awesome skin! How long is it taking for you to heal? I'd like to try this out sometime, but I would have to do when I have enough free time to stay at home and wait for it to heal. very brave of you to try this, I wish you the best of luck. :)

This is amazing...!

does this glycolc acid also work on extremely minor scars? unsmoothness?

Keep on scorchin that face. Sooner or later it'll work.

erm...i don't plan on doing more, this sort of peel is a one off. I have done light peels previously without any results.

What did you do during sleep to prevent that?

nothing. its quite firmly on there, so you would have to do some real thrashing around to do anything to it.

How long is it taking for you to heal?

The scabs now off, and my skin is awesome (will post pics tomorrow)...and it took 10 days.

oes this glycolc acid also work on extremely minor scars? unsmoothness?

yes of course, that is one of the main reasons i did it. i had loads of ice pick scars, a hundred or so on each cheek. Most of them were medium to shallow depth, and now they are no longer there.

For those inquiring about spot treating, check out TCA cross treatments. Basically, this involves soaking a fine wooden toothpick in the TCA solution. When it is well saturated, press the toothpick into the icepick scars so the solution transfers to the skin (don't break the skin with the toothpick). If you're treating a larger area, you can use a Q-Tip to apply the solution just on the localized area.

TCA is very strong and will result in the same type of scarring as Sgt Pepper's so be prepared for some down time. As such, you may want to consider having a professional perform the treatment.

Guest nec77

i would try this but i got a job and cant call in for a week lol :P

Here are the final pics, the areas are reducing in redness every day which is good but i will use a tinted fake tan moisturiser to disguise it better.

I've just finished a moisturising face peel so there's bits of the peel still on my face lol

day one on peel;

IPB Image

IPB Image

and now, day 12

IPB Image

IPB Image

not afraid to look in the mirror on sunny mornings now, personally i think its phenominal improvement and i owe my life to the acid.

ooks like you might have scarred yourself, keep us updated with pictures mr. confident.

how would i have scarred myself? where's the scar?

pigmentation scars often result from peels, post a pic when your skin turns back to normal.

I, personally, think the redness he's got will fade away after a while. After all it was a serious peel there so it's normal to be a bit reddish.

Congrats on that, Sgt. Pepper! :cool:

Guest nec77

looks like you might have scarred yourself, keep us updated with pictures mr. confident.

even if thats true, its not bad looking. just rosie cheeks :D . i think it'll heal. plz keep posting pics.

Thanks for the positive feedback, the pinkness has been reduced by a quarter almost over night, if you look at the shape of it, its considerably smaller than the size of the scab...and getting smaller.

I keep looking at my face in the mirror and its quite strange not to see all the ice pick scars and red marks looking back.

I'll wait until everything calms down and will post a few pics in a few days.

Good work Sgt Pepper! I'm not sure why there's so much negativity, really. It sounds like people wanted you to fail. Jealousy, maybe?

I honestly would never try something that serious to get rid of my red marks, but the fact that you had the courage to and it actually worked is amazing. Congratulations!

Well done, I'm glad to see has proven to be sucessfull, I personally had an idea like this at the back of my mind. Just havnt had the guts to do it unfortunately LOL. What I wanted to ask you was; from the point of your peel till the very end when the scab fell off, did u apply any moisturiser to the effected area or did u jus keep it very dry.

Secondly, What do you think of aloe vera for skin marks/scars as people always say it is great for healing. Your answers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kerrrrraissssy!! ur a legend.

are you thinking about doin another peel, if you dont think your quite perfect enough already?!

one thing, i read somewhere that when people get sunburnt there skin swells, and personally i know that my large dirty pores on my nose can disapear after sun exposure.. Possibly you may still be swolled and inperfections may return, after your 100% settled..

WHY dont we already know this method of using Glycolic acid, imagine the money being pumped into acne scams etc, if somone just tried this at their lab..! (too buisy dreaming up scams..?) Or people are worried about it going wrong...

sorry if its been noted before, but would this work on large pores?

Nice one ;)

did u apply any moisturiser to the effected area or did u jus keep it very dry.

Secondly, What do you think of aloe vera for skin marks/scars as people always say it is great for healing. Your answers would be appreciated. Thanks.

i didn't apply anything to it for the first 48hrs or so...apart from a bit of antiseptic cream. But then i did pat in some moisturiser as the scab tends to get get dry and brittle and snap off, taking a piece thats not finished healing yet.

So you go out looking like that?

Ive been indoors until now, there's no way id strut around a shopping center with them crusts, but now i don't mind, its hardly noticable and id rather be walking around now than how i was over a week ago.

re you thinking about doin another peel, if you dont think your quite perfect enough already?!

no, im very satisfied with how i look now. And doing a peel would be a bit dangerous as my skin is delicate in that area. I'd have to wait a minimum of 6 months until i could do a harsh one.

if my acne breaks out and i get tons of scars and marks then i would do it again.

Possibly you may still be swolled and inperfections may return
its not swollen at all and not sensitive to touch. it was swollen the first two days but quickly went down. there's no way these kind of marks could return....they're at the bottom of the bin with the pieces of skin. lol

WHY dont we already know this method of using Glycolic acid, imagine the money being pumped into acne scams etc

it does, but its mainly done in clinics. I found dozens of clinics/beauty centers in my area that do upto 80% treatments that last 2 hours. but these cost hundreds. Plus some people just don't feel confident with doing this sort of thing.

would this work on large pores?

Yeah of course. I had plenty of them by the sides of my nose and now you can barely see them.

What do you think of aloe vera for skin marks/scars as people always say it is great for healing

I did the aloe vera thing for a few months in the past. It did make my skin softer and seemed to cool it but it didn't do anything for marks or acne.