Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

Glycolic Acid Users CHECK THIS OUT! PICS

OMFG you are one daring lad lol. I cant wait to see the results and i really do think they will be good.

I salute your for-want-of-a-better-word bravery in undertaking this. It may not be as bad as the pics look, but that is an impressive reddening non-the-less. Am not being negative, BRAVO to your confidence and evident at least basis of research. Am very interested in the results, i couldnt do it that intense, but the standard response to glycolic is as you note to over cautious. Is it not in clinics interests to take the conservative route at get you to slowly get better, more appointments.

well it does look great under there right now i must admit. i'll be very interested to see what you look like in a week, keep us updated.

Sgt Pepper, I applaud you for the good results. I think as long as you protect the new skin with a high SPF you should be fine.

I've seen pictures of people who have had TCA peels. They had the same type of scarring as Sgt Pepper's. After the downtime and peeling, their results were equally as impressive. Subsequently, low level peels are all that is required to maintain the results.

Can you spot treat using this? I have about 5 dark marks on the left side of my face and 1 on the right side o fmy face that i wanna get rid of.. good idea to do a 50% gycolic spot treatment peel?

Where did you get your peel from sgtpepper? or does anyone else recommend any good peels?

i don't see why you couldn't spot treat if you wanted. i can't see that the peel would create much difference in depth with the surrounding skin as glycolic plumps up the collagen in the skin when healing. so scarring is rare unless you pick at the healing tissue.

i bought my acid off lookgr8.co.uk

whoa you look awesome so far :clap:

how did you get through the stinging pain for those brutal 45 minutes??!!

do you think a lactic acid 60% peel would work just as well?

hope your skin heals like brand new, you pioneer, you ;)

hey, that rhymes

sweet

k bye

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I'm posting in here so that i can track your progress mate. It looks amazing so far. I couldn't believe the amount of haters posting in here, it seemed likely that you'd get good results. I'm surprised as to how good they are so far though. I just wouldn't have the guts to go so hard to be honest.

aznboi986 - No point shaving if you're not leaving the house for the duration.

DMBsDreamGrl - Not painfull at all, no pain no gain

screw_acne - That's the whole point...to fade red marks

gentleman-in-training - They are supportive to the things that make me happy

kat17 - It's only a stinging/burning sensation if you focus your mind on something else its quite easy. i have a natural high tollerence to pain so it didn't bother me much. Thinking about the results you're hoping to achieve helps.

Im not sure on lactic acid, never tried it but the range of acids have different properties to one another

Grow_To_Overthrow - You get some people who are in a similar situation that can't stand seeing some one do better than them, or have the balls to go beyond what they would be able to.

wow. its look like hell!

but i think your skin will completely renew after the dead skin fall off.

i want to give it a try.

but i'll wait until a long holiday so i can stay at home for whole time.

so if i do spot treatment only it'll work??

^^

omg... looks scary at first. i thought u screwed ur self but the last pic looks great. hope the rest heals nicly too. u got some gutts bro

ok now , i looked at the whole thing again and i kinda feel positive although i would never try something like that cause i dont know anything about "peels" seriously i dont even know what u do when doing this stuff and how it helps the skin to fade redmarks, do u do it once and their all gone? i dont understand this thing.

but from the picture it is apparent that the cheek skin is scabbing and once the scab falls off it is brand new flesh , ive had similar looks like that before , the new skin is pinkish ,although it didnt match my skin color , it didnt take more than 2 months to totally blend in with my normal skin color . so i'd say pepper's got a point there.

Sgt Pepper .. you going to post some more pix? I would like to do that but i wouldnt want to wlak aroudn liek that and i would be terrfied that the scab would only give me a huge red scar.

i'll post some pics tomorrow, when the last bit of the scab falls off.

as long as you don't pick at it the skin underneath will be even.

As long as you don't pick at it the skin underneath will be even. What did you do during sleep to prevent that?

Wow, once you heal you'll have awesome skin! How long is it taking for you to heal? I'd like to try this out sometime, but I would have to do when I have enough free time to stay at home and wait for it to heal. very brave of you to try this, I wish you the best of luck. :)