Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

Glycolic Acid Users CHECK THIS OUT! PICS

that is not the way you're supposed to do this!]

yes it is. Please do some research, like i did for months before i did anything. here is a series of pics from a medical website that shows a similar peel to mine;

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and here's my progress update;

IPB Image

IPB Image

best of luck, but i think you are insane. that's clearly a burn, and facial skin is delicate and doesn't always repair properly as i'm sure you know. i'm not really sure what you were trying to repair anyway as your skin didn't look bad at all, i only saw a shallow scar and the rest looked like redness from the peel. i'll be following this with interest but it certainly seems to me you should at least be putting some kind of moisturizer on that thing.

im usually not this blunt...

but your a fucking idiot.

We'll see who's the idiot, my money is on you.

Its healing extremely fast, i give it about 4 days and you will not be able to even tell that i have had a peel....but you will also be unable to tell that i had acne.

...and i will have the photos to prove it

in about four days?? think how long it takes a little pimple to disappear...that's a big burn! my guess is it's going to take a long time and when it does heal it will still be red...

geez you guys are so overly cautious.

it looks a lot worse than it really is, id say about 50% of the dead skin has already fallen off and there's no scarring or red marks. the skin is lightly pink but thats to be expected.

to get similar results you could be waiting for almost a year or dozens of light peels over a course of months.

This is definatley the best thing i have done to try and remedy the problem.

it does look like you may be right, that the edges have flaked off and the skin underneath does look ok. however, even assuming you heal fine, i just don't see why this was at all necessary for you, or would be necessary for ANYONE - even someone who had marks that were actually noticeable.

i doubt anyone needs convincing but there is a great risk that something like this is going to really damage your skin in some way. sgt peppers, if you HAD noticeable red marks or small scars, my guess is that they'll look a bit better because of redness and swelling from the burn, not any real treatment! much better to use the glycolic 10% and let it exfoliate over time i'd think.

the swelling due to the peel went down after 48 hours and there is no redness under the dead skin, the area is lightly pink but its quickly returning to normal skin tone.

Ive done dozens of 30% peels and lower without having any noticable effects. such low concentration peels are annoying to me for the following reasons;

The end result is not noticable whatsoever .

It takes a lot of peels to have noticable results.

This takes a long time, especially as you are supposed to wait 2 weeks after every peel.

you also can't use the peel within 24hrs of any acne topical or recent shave, so routines get disturbed.

Sorry bud. I don't think it'll work. But as the previous poster said, whatever turns you on. :dance:

dude you are absolutely out of your mind if you believe this method is going to yield you any satisfactory results. Have you lost your freaking mind?

I don't particularly care for your negative tone people, and as for ''yielding satisfactory results'', i have yielded results far beyond my expectation.

Here is todays pic. It clearly shows in the parts where the skin has fallen off an unbelievably clear and pristine complextion. Especially on the large patch on the far left.

IPB Image

A lot of people seems so negative, but i dont see how he can scar himself unless he picks at the scab or goes into the sunlight.

And it looks like the great results are starting to show. BRAVO!!!

Funny how a lot of these people claim the jessner works though which is crap and has far less concentration that what this dude is using.. i dont understand you people. UGH!

So you did one layer and left it on for 45 minutes?

thx

u must be glad ur skin is white cause if u were asian.. the new skin would look just like urs ...only there wouldn't be a match between the original skin and the healing granulation tissue which is always pink!

i hope ur new skin under the scab stays that colour or else after a week maybe it would start turning dark

goodluck

u must be glad ur skin is white cause if u were asian.. the new skin would look just like urs ...only there wouldn't be a match between the original skin and the healing granulation tissue which is always pink!

i hope ur new skin under the scab stays that colour or else after a week maybe it would start turning dark

goodluck

Really? someone in the past was dark skinned.. did 50% and the new finished skin wasn't "white" or "pink".. unless you are talking about just for a short period while the skin heals. although they did get hyperpigmentation cause they peeled off the scabs!

dood, you are just nuts!

whether it works or not, that is a risk i would NEVER be willing to take. i have minor scarring, which i am getting taken care of soon, but to do something like this is just insane.

good luck to you, man. i hope it works out for you.

progress looks good

but then, you've damaged ur skin pretty badly doing it

it's like people who deliberately get a sunburn so the old skin will peel off and red marks will heal, not exactly something wise to do

also it will take forever to wait for those scabs to naturally fall off...i can't stay at home all those days to do it

but then, you've damaged ur skin pretty badly doing it

it's like people who deliberately get a sunburn so the old skin will peel off and red marks will heal, not exactly something wise to do

Unfortunately that IS the process with any peel. You need to damage in order to remove.

To Sgt Pepper: did you get any type of results with a 25% before? Ever try that?

*nods* What he's doing is exactly what salons do-- have to wait a while, and have a large scab, before the new-baby-like skin shines through. :)

Congrats! Looks lovely so far!