Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

Glycolic Acid Users CHECK THIS OUT! PICS

50% glycolic acid peel on for 45 minutes!

Since i stopped my acne with my combination of BP/B5/Dermastyle Pen i did a rather extreme acid peel to get rid off red marks, little scars etc

I've used glycolic acid the sensible way in the past and it produced little to nothing. Looking through various websites i came across a clinic that offered a strong glycolic (around 50-70%) peel that was left on for upto 90 minutes, this was advertised as a quick one off solution to eradicate acne scarring and red marks.

So if they can do it in a clinic there is no reason you can't do it at home, thats what i thought anyway. its hardly rocket science.

Anyway, so i carried out a similar proceedure and now im on my 5th day and have documented this through a series of photographs taken each day.

here, i will present them and will answer any questions

IPB Image

few hours after the peel, note the small weeping areas

IPB Image

IPB Image

^day 2

IPB Image

IPB Image

^day 3

IPB Image

^day 4

IPB Image

^day 5

Wow dude, if you pull this off, you should have your name engraved into this website!! :D

What did you use to wash off the glycolic acid after the 50minutes? Baking soda?

Usually when you used glycolic acid in the past, did it ever peel like that before? usually when i did 30 + 50 per cent peels in the past and washed it off after 7minutes, it never did anything major. is that the same with you then!

Good luck with it all and keep us posted :D

I don't get it. Isn't it supposed to lighten your marks, and not produce a large dark mark 5 days later? That's pretty hardcore. :ninja:

I used a neutralizer after the 45min...which is basically baking soda and water.

It wasn't as severe as this in the past, and generally peeled after day one. And the results were not worth the effort.

The mark darkens as it is dead skin, it is a large dark scab forming.

todays pics

IPB Image

IPB Image

...its like wearing beef crackling on your cheeks, but also in some strange way quite satisfying

you sir, have the biggest balls ever. hope it works out. im in school right now, so if it works for you, i wouldnt be able to do it. wish you did this earlier in the summer. good luck bro

its a well calculated, planned and controlled risk and like most good things in life it takes a risk to get what you truly want.

Dang, even if it works for you, I'd be too scared to do that!

the thing that i would be worried about, is that after the scab has peeled off, there is still going to be alot of redness afterwards. how long that may be, i have no idea. its good that you had the balls to try this, because basically nobody has any idea on what really works.

OMG ur crazy... but good luck anyway man :D ... u have the balls the rest of us dont have... maybe cause the stunt ur doin would require a 3rd ball and i dont have one...lol

Are you putting anything on your skin to help it heel? What brand of glycolic acid are you using?

damn that's tough

do you have any 'before' pics? just how bad were your marks

the thing that i would be worried about, is that after the scab has peeled off, there is still going to be alot of redness afterwards. how long that may be, i have no idea. its good that you had the balls to try this, because basically nobody has any idea on what really works.

i had a chem peel 2 weeks ago and it ef'd me up. red marks and breakout galore. =(

The Glycolic was bought from LookG8.

I've not been putting anything on apart from some anticeptic cream at the early stage to prevent any infection. skin heals best when it is dry and and left alone.

The skin will be pink under the scab, and will return to normal once its been out in the elements for a few days.

Since doing the peel, i have not had any new spots but then im still using my demastyle pen which acts like the BP and also accelerates the skins repair cells.

I forgot to take a before pic, although i may have one somewhere, i had a lot of large patches of discolouration as well as scattered brownish and red marks. Not to mention lots of ice pick scars.

Its got to the stage now where there are cracks are appearing in the scab and skin flaking around the edges. its not going to come off in a one big lump and it would be a massive mistake to try and remove it.

holly crap, i cannot believe you did that, you could have some SERIOUS scarring, i hope it turns out fine, but seriously 50% is INSANE!

the peel is going really well, the areas that have flaked off revealed smooth single tone pinkish skin that shows no signs of my ice pick scars or marks.

50% may seem strong but it will not burn you down to the bone, especially not if you can read the acid effects during the peel. Peels of up to 80% are performed in clinics and the way i see it is that everything the proffessional does can be done at home saving you a lot of money.

Sgt Pepper, with all due respect, thanks for being a brave guinea pig. Good luck with the healing process.

For criticisms of using 50% glycolic peels, it's perfectly fine. I've used up to 60%. However, you just have to work up slowly to that strength. Also, the timing is critical. The longer the peel is left on, the deeper the acid will peel, the more damage it will cause, and the longer it will take to heal. Granted the results may be more dramatic, but there is greater risk of unexpected results and possible scarring.

i don't feel like i've been a ''guinea pig'', i feel like i've been in control of the whole thing right from the beginning