Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paq12

Why acne still as an adult?

So I've always had some acne through high school and college but it was manageable. Now, I'm 23 and it seems like I'm getting more acne. I figured I would grow out of it by now. My breakouts are calming down, but now I have many old acne marks that are sticking around.

So what's the deal? Doesn't science say that acne basically stops or at least calms down after puberty?

I wish it were so. There are many people on this site in their 30's and I'm in my 40's. We are still dealing with acne - though it seems that adult acne is different than teen acne, it's still a curse!

It's best to learn all you can and address the problem now, because you may not grow out of it.

P&W

i'm 29 and had mild breakouts since 15. I use to use all kinds of topicals and now i use only bp (very little). I found that changing my diet has dramatically changed my skin. I should've put my focus on that earlier to save all the scarring and pain

I'm 25 and still have acne. I think what bothers me most about it today is the fact that I still HAVE it, even mildly. It was actually worse as a teen, but I figured I would grow out of it. Didn't bother me at ALL back then.

But, since I'm now 25, it bothers me alot more!

i'm 29 and had mild breakouts since 15. I use to use all kinds of topicals and now i use only bp (very little). I found that changing my diet has dramatically changed my skin. I should've put my focus on that earlier to save all the scarring and pain

Wish it would have been that easy for me. I did tons of the elimination diets with specific types of foods for years. I gave up and now just beleive it's hormonal for me. I'm 30...about to be 31 and all mine is lower cheeks and chin area. I started when I was 18 getting this acne curse.