Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
starrybabe21

Apple Cider Vinegar...any results?

After reading all about diet and its relation to acne ..i decided i would do the best i can to help my skin which meant cutting out all junk foods and refined carbs etc..- it actually turned out easier than expected :D

Anyway, i began wondering about hormones and the like and the fact they play a signifcant role too right? Well after reading a post on here not long ago it was all about the liver and the ability to cleanse the body. I then (as always :shifty: began "googling" the topic lol) came up with this .............

The liver is responsible for detoxifying the blood as it comes from the colon, lungs, and lymphatic system.Because you eat, breathe, and create so many toxins, the liver has a hard time neutralizing these toxins. If you are constipated, this puts an extreme toxic load on your liver, which eventually leads to the excretion of these toxins through your skin and face. ( yes i know heard it all before :unsure: )

Basically it said our livers are overloaded and cant detoxify the blood properly and it ends up causing acne.

The very ROOT cause of acne is 2 things and 2 things only...

Hormonal imbalance combined with very particular congesting toxins that buildup in your blood and lymph fluid.

This explains why people with oily skin don't get acne....you won't get acne until you mix excess sebum or skin oil with a particular kind of highly congesting blood and lymph toxins. This mixture of excess skin oil and sebum and highly congesting blood toxins creates the perfect "breeding environment" in and on your skin for acne bacteria to grow like crazy...causing redness, inflammation, swelling, puss, clogged pores, and finally full blown acne. The people without acne seem to have stronger livers (just a theory :unsure: )

What actually happens is your blood and lymph fluid carries these excess hormones to your liver. Your liver "deactivates" them by adding another piece to them. After they are deactivated then they are excreted from your system.

In addition to that, it's also you're liver's job to "cleanse" your blood of toxins. It's kinda like the oil filter on a car. It filters all the bad gunk out of your blood.

So you can begin to see why this liver/hormonal regulatory mechanism is so important for the understanding of the cause of acne.

So the friend you have with perfect skin???

The difference between you and your friend with perfect skin isn't because they eat a different diet, or take different vitamins, or have a different skin care regimen...nothing like that.

The difference is they are never "overflowing" their system with excess androgenic hormones and blood toxins.

Their liver is quickly deactivating and clearing from their blood any excess and/or previously "used" androgenic hormones and blood toxins. They have much stronger liver function in this regard.

Why you get acne most during puberty??

Think about it...

Why do you get acne most during puberty...?

Your liver only has so much capacity to deactivate and clear excess and previously used hormones and blood toxins from your system at any one time.

And while growing up you can weaken your liver in this aspect. Then what happens when you hit puberty?...A SURGE of androgenic hormones course through your system all at once.

This would be o.k. if your liver function was strong. It would quickly clear excess and previously used hormones from your system.

But if it's not working up to par, then it gets overwhelmed...kinda like overflowing a bucket. Once your "liver bucket" overflows your blood becomes loaded with excess and used androgenic hormones and blood toxins...the cause of acne.

Why women get acne most during their monthly cycle??

During your monthly cycle for you who are women your body is producing all kinds of extra hormones at this time. Yet your liver still only has so much ability to deactivate and clear any excess and used hormones from your system.

So your cycle roles around and your liver gets flooded with all these extra hormones at one time...it can't keep up. The end result is the same...androgenic hormones get out of balance causing the skin's oil glands to produce way too much sebum and when combined with congesting blood toxins acne flares.

Anyway thats all i came up with after searching...sorry if its long but i thought the more info the better and it ACTUALLY started making sense to me (unless im just desperate at this stage :( well yeh that too!! LOL)

SO BACK TO THE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!!!

Cider vinegar is a powerful detoxifying and purifying agent. It breaks down fatty, mucous and phlegm deposits within the body. By breaking down these substances it improves the health and function of the vital organs of the body, such as the kidneys, bladder and liver, by preventing excessively alkaline urine. It also oxidizes and thins the blood. Promotes digestion, assimilation and elimination, all the while neutralizing any toxic substances that enter the body. Cider vinegar has been found to neutralize any harmful bacteria that may be found in certain foods.

ALSO.....

Apple Cider Vinegar applied in small dosages directly to acne, dries it up and makes it go away.

Apparently taking 3 tblsp a day and then applying it undiluted to spots at night it REALLY clears and helps the detoxifying process its just a matter of sticking with it. You can also dilute it one part ACV to 8 parts water and sip during the day.

The reason i posted this is because my diet HAS improved my acne, but im taking this route too to help with hormones if they are an issue and since its cheap i thought WHAT THE HECK :D

Sorry if this has been posted before but just even to give a ray of hope if it works i HAVENT actually tried it yet but am starting tomorrow so if anyone cares to join me ??? :wub:

Lets get detoxifying :D xx

ooo and just another thing..i was reading the "broccolli pills" post and was wondering maybe they're working because of they're powerful DETOXIFYING properties???

Im just going to give it a shot and see if ACV works :)

I have no doubt that it will work. I'm drinking lemon juice and eating broccoli to prepare myself for a 24 hour fast next week.

I am curious myself, especially in regards to using it as a topical. The folks at Makeup Alley seemed to rave about it!

Yeh i basically just cut two thin slices of lemon and put it in a 1ltr bottle and drink it throughout the day (aiming for 2-3 litres)...it has started to taste ok. It helps if you just keep envisioning (is that a word :unsure: lol) clear skin - which is hard :doh:

As for the apple cider vinegar im going to start it today :D....id post pictures but am well shy :wub: hopefully i will soon tho :D

Thanks for all the replies EVERYONE ;) you have actually ENCOURAGED :D me to really give this one a shot!!!

Oh and exclamation640 let me know how you get on ;)

Ok if anyone is following :D

it woooooorks it woooooooorks it woooooooooorrrrks :D:D:dance:

2 slices of lemon in 1 litre bottle drinking during the day - dont really have to watch what i eat anymore too :D

and 3 tblsp apple cider vinegar a day - just get a small shot glass or sumthin put a spoon in it add water and knock it back - of course at first your going to go :shock: but it only lasts like 10 seconds compared to 3 months of dryness with accutance :unsure:

oo and stick with it!!!

i only started yest and the spots under my skin are GONE :o

it was like it was a reaction to something ...no more trapped clogged pores :dance:

I really stay stick with it!! i mean look how many months accutane takes ....my skin is fine now after 2 days :wacko: just waiting for the marks to fade and like 5 teeeeeeeeeeeeeeny spots under skin to SHRINK :o - dats a new one :lol:

Also get a litre bottle and but some ACV in it and get a cotton bud and put it on at night like a toner - seriously people i JUST realised doesnt matter how many times you wash your face or whatever face wash it is not going to fix it - its INTERNAL :D...treat the cause of the problem (poor digestion, stooopid hormones :snooty: haha) not the symptoms (spots :naughty: )

Gud luck PLEASE let me know how you get on!!!!

xxxx

xxxx

Hello.

I have been using ACV for a month now, and I must admit since using it things have improved a lot. I don't drink it cos it is really bad for your teeth! But I would imagine that drinking it too would get me completely clear. I use it as a toner after I wash. I don't dilute it, i just dip a cotton wool ball in the vinegar and slap it all over my face. Its great stuff, I really recommend it. Glad to see you are getting good results from it too. :D

xxxx

Hello.

I have been using ACV for a month now, and I must admit since using it things have improved a lot. I don't drink it cos it is really bad for your teeth! But I would imagine that drinking it too would get me completely clear. I use it as a toner after I wash. I don't dilute it, i just dip a cotton wool ball in the vinegar and slap it all over my face. Its great stuff, I really recommend it. Glad to see you are getting good results from it too. :D

Hey THANK YOU for replyin ;)

I Really think u shud try drinkin it, i mean if you knock it back with like water it doesnt even get your teeth :D and then i just brush afterwards :)

Its the lemon thats the problem...try brushing your teeth and drinkin lemon water :wacko: ..FUUUUUUUUN :lol:

i wouldnt brush your teeth straight after drinking acv. the acidity loosens the enamel on the tooth surface and when you brush you are brushing the enamel away.

going to start drinking acv today anyway...do you think it matters if its on an empty stomach or not? and do you think the lemons or the acv are more responsible for clearing you up?

Where can you purchase this. Is it something you can pick up at a healthfood store or just a basic supermarket? I'm assuming its completely different and or more concentrated than just apple cider lol... any links or just info on where you picked it up? Yea i know.. pretty stupid question but hey figured id ask. :)

edit: also by just lookin around real fast I noticed they came in tablets too... walgreens didnt seen to sell the liquid, but im wondering if these would work just the same?

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...0&id=prod372195

Where can you purchase this. Is it something you can pick up at a healthfood store or just a basic supermarket? I'm assuming its completely different and or more concentrated than just apple cider lol... any links or just info on where you picked it up? Yea i know.. pretty stupid question but hey figured id ask. :)

I use the ACV from the supermarket for 99p. It does the job.

its the same as apple cider. get it from health food stores or supermarkets.

a question from me: i bought organic, but does it have to be organic or can it be any?

I just wanted to comment that you might want to be sure you aren't allergic to apple cider vinegar before you apply is straight to your face. After reading all the benefits for acne I tried some and the first day I used it as a toner I didn't have any sort of reaction. Then, the second day I tried it, my face turned bright red, started stinging/burning and broke out in tiny bumps all over - kinda like contact dermatitis. You might want to try it only on active pimples and not all over your face. The tiny bumps did go away, but my face is still somewhat sensitive. Just don't want this to happen to anyone else.

When you put it on your face, dilute it... Don't use anything else with it either.

After like 10 minutes, you probably should wash it off. This is just what I say. I have no clue if it'll work this way, but it's a safer way, I guess.

For lemon water and teeth there's one word: straw.

As for ACV: try to find one that has 'mother' in it (more pure and not refined).

i wouldnt brush your teeth straight after drinking acv. the acidity loosens the enamel on the tooth surface and when you brush you are brushing the enamel away.

ooo tanx for the tip ;) will keep that in mind from now on

going to start drinking acv today anyway...do you think it matters if its on an empty stomach or not? and do you think the lemons or the acv are more responsible for clearing you up?

i think its best if you drink it in the morn, most recommend a hot cup of water with a spoonful of ACV and some honey to taste - i rather just adding a bit of water and knock it back in one go :unsure: - that way im only like :shock: for a few secs.

I think the ACV are more responsible as it helps the digestive system more apparetnly....not too sure tho ;)

guuuuuuud luck :) xxxx

its the same as apple cider. get it from health food stores or supermarkets.

a question from me: i bought organic, but does it have to be organic or can it be any?

actually apple cider you can actually drink as a drink.. and it tastes good

apple cider vinegar basically tastes just like vinegar and isnt the same thing as plain apple cider

just found this out when i purchased it. (by the way im just adding this as a follow up to my earlier question in case anyone was confused)

Does it matter if its organic, nonorganic, filtered, or unfiltered?

I just bought the standard Jewel brand, and it didnt say if it was filtered or unfiltered.

It will look cloudy if it's unfiltered, with the "mother". There are more benefits to unfiltered than filtered if you're drinking it. For a topical, I doubt it matters.

I have been doing this already for 8months. It made me break out at first badly. It has however healed all my yeast issues. However, I do still break out even after cleansing and raw foods for 8 months anyway if I am not strict even though I still drink ACV EVERYDAY. Still searching for something with longterm results. Cleansing helps a lot though, but how to stop the breakout cycle is sometimes complicated. best of luck to you all with it though!

oh and RAW apple cider vinegar is the only way to really see powerful results. BRAGGS has a good one.

I have been doing this already for 8months. It made me break out at first badly. It has however healed all my yeast issues. However, I do still break out even after cleansing and raw foods for 8 months anyway if I am not strict even though I still drink ACV EVERYDAY. Still searching for something with longterm results. Cleansing helps a lot though, but how to stop the breakout cycle is sometimes complicated. best of luck to you all with it though!

oh and RAW apple cider vinegar is the only way to really see powerful results. BRAGGS has a good one.

When i get it sorted i might see if there is something else ye can get done like ACV tablets or something or even acupuncture - if it is all about your liver not workin like :unsure:

Well today everyone no NEW SPOTS :D.. and still seeing improvement :shock: whiteheads are still going - altho im expectin new spots because it takes 3 weeks for your pores to clog so im taking its going to take at least 3 weeks for this to work :lol:

ALL GOIN SOOO WELL SO FAR :dance:

Hope everyones ok ;) xxx

interresting!! i have already changed my diet and will deffinatly try this also, i belive in that you have to treat the inside aswell as the outside... will let you know how it goes. good luck everyone!

~annish~