Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Makochan

First cyst in over 10 months?

I'm on 200 mg of Aldactone and I'm on Yasmin. My acne has been extremely good for about 10 months and it still is, but now I am getting a cyst for the first time since then. I have PCOS and my period started today and last night was when this stupid thing came up. I forgot how horrible these things hurt and look. It's right on my upper right cheek and it's making my whole cheek red. It hurts, it's warm, and it's extremely swollen. There's a nice red dot in like the center of it, but it isn't really well developed. I was hoping it was a bug bite, but it probably isn't. What should I do to help draw it to a head or help make it go away without popping (I'd prefer not to pop, but if it becomes a whitehead, I'll have to pop it)? I used some hydrocordisone cream on it last night and it helped a little, but it's not all that great still. My make-up is barely concealing the redness. It pisses me off because I hate cysts. They are always a pain and I don't know what to do with them? How can I treat this stupid thing and quickly?

I'm on 200 mg of Aldactone and I'm on Yasmin. My acne has been extremely good for about 10 months and it still is, but now I am getting a cyst for the first time since then. I have PCOS and my period started today and last night was when this stupid thing came up. I forgot how horrible these things hurt and look. It's right on my upper right cheek and it's making my whole cheek red. It hurts, it's warm, and it's extremely swollen. There's a nice red dot in like the center of it, but it isn't really well developed. I was hoping it was a bug bite, but it probably isn't. What should I do to help draw it to a head or help make it go away without popping (I'd prefer not to pop, but if it becomes a whitehead, I'll have to pop it)? I used some hydrocordisone cream on it last night and it helped a little, but it's not all that great still. My make-up is barely concealing the redness. It pisses me off because I hate cysts. They are always a pain and I don't know what to do with them? How can I treat this stupid thing and quickly?

If it's a true cyst, nothing topical will help. All you can do is be as gentle as possible, perhaps apply cold compresses, and wait for it to go away. Any messing with it externally could make it worse and stick around for longer--something I'm pretty sure you don't want! Just be glad it's only one cyst and not four or five!

I'm pretty sure it is, although I wish it weren't. It seems to be shrinking slightly now, still hurts though. I think it's trying to form a head. I put ice on it last night because of how warm it was. I'll do that again when I get home from class today. And I know, but I got so used to not getting cysts and now I randomly get one and it ticks me off! I hate cysts!