Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One of Dan's pages said that using AHA on emerging zits helps more than BP in some cases (less irritating).

Right now all I'm using is a cleanser (Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser for sensitive skin). After about a month and a half my skin does look better, but I still get maybe one to two zits per week. I've been using BP on them, but it is pretty harsh on my skin.

Will using an AHA lotion work better? I always figure that AHA was more for clearing redmarks and/or(?) preventing new zits from forming, not treating current ones. I have some Neutrogena Healty Skin face lotion that says it has AHA in it. Do you think this will work better, or at least as effectively, as the BP? I'm kind of doubtful as it is primarily a moisturizer, and what seems to work the best with BP is its drying ability.

One of Dan's pages said that using AHA on emerging zits helps more than BP in some cases (less irritating).

Right now all I'm using is a cleanser (Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser for sensitive skin). After about a month and a half my skin does look better, but I still get maybe one to two zits per week. I've been using BP on them, but it is pretty harsh on my skin.

Will using an AHA lotion work better? I always figure that AHA was more for clearing redmarks and/or(?) preventing new zits from forming, not treating current ones. I have some Neutrogena Healty Skin face lotion that says it has AHA in it. Do you think this will work better, or at least as effectively, as the BP? I'm kind of doubtful as it is primarily a moisturizer, and what seems to work the best with BP is its drying ability.

The Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face lotion used to work great for me... now it just seems to break me out. I would say if your skin isn't really sensitive right now, then go for it...