Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I havent been on these forums for a long time, but anyways after a while of using benzoyl peroxide + cleansers and astringents and whatever other bs you can think of, I decided to try something that a few users on these forums have been saying.

I can honestly say I have never had a serious acne condition, when i was in 8th grade, I first got acne, only on my forehead and not that much, it must have been a hormonal thing, but that soon died down, and in 12th grade, which was last year, I started getting acne on the cheeks, not many, but they left behind redmarks which I was annoyed at. So i never really got that much acne at a time, but as a result of whatever acne was before, redmarks kept accumulating and it didnt look nice at all.

I tried benzoyl peroxide for a while, it did stop the acne, but what i didnt realize was, that i had to have moisturized or it was no use, so obviously i kept getting more breakouts due to a severely dry and irritated face, and my diet was poor.

So what I did for recovery was, I changed my diet, I started to including a lot more vegetables. All types of vegetables, less fat intake, less pork and beef, more baked chicken. But whenever possible, loads of vegetables, I really cut down my sugar intake as well and I rarely drank milk. One of the disadvantages of this was I lost a lot of weight, I was always kind of on the borderline of being underweight and normal, so this was not a good thing, but its not a difficult problem to solve, just eat more, and exercise less until you gain some weight :)

While my diet was being changed, I drank a lot of water, 2.0 litres at least a day, if i did sports, I drank more to compensate. I completely avoided any kind of ointments for my face, unlike what others said, I did not break out, my acne stopped coming to a certain degree, i still get a pimple or two here and there, but i dont care, im in my teens and the pimple goes away after a day or two. Whenever i washed my face, i washed it with very hot water(I dont know if this is a good idea), not hot enough to burn off my skin, but hot enough that I went, damn thats hot.

After I did that, i moisturized generously, i used Dermalogica Active Moist, it's not greasy, it doesnt really make your skin shine either, so I like it and i recommend it. I guess its been about 2 -3 months, and my cheeks are looking a lot better, note I said cheeks, cause I dont have acne anywhere else. My redmarks are getting better too, and instead of applying stuff on my face to make it fade away quicker, i've decided to let my skin fix itself, and to assist it, I take multivitamins which i will mention soon.

Applying all these ointments is going to interfere in the way your skin heals itself, your skin does try to heal itself but when you put things on it, it will interfere, and since we all have different types of skin, they react differently and many of the products DO NOT tell us which skin types its best for or do not go into much detail, it just assumes everyone has the same type of skin, and by this I do not mean, oily/dry/normal, that is not going into detail. And remember to get lots of sleep too.

So in summary

1) A little bit of patience(not much at all)

2) A Good diet

3) Good sleeping habits

4) Avoiding stress

5) Stop popping or fingering pimples

6) Multivitamins (Vitamin C[500mg tablet daily], Vitamin A[DO NOT OVERDOSE ON THIS], Zinc, Fish Oil capsules) My vitamin A comes from the carrots that I eat, and also from a vitamin package called "Centrum" it's got many many vitamins in one tablet and I think it comes in different pack sizes, I do recommend it as it will give bits of each vitamin that is essential.

7) At least 2 litres of water a day(do not over do drinking water)

8) Washing your face 2 - 3 times a day is sufficient, make the water hot as this helps open the pores up

I hope this will help people, i made a whole essay so you wont have to ask questions, but if u do, no probs, I will try and answer them. Peace out

Posted

Yes and this will take 5 years to work.

Posted

Yes and this will take 5 years to work.

YEA SURE, its only take me 2 months for my red marks to go down quite noticeable, i used to have dark red marks on my upper cheek and now its light red.

Some of you are just so brainwashed by "acne" products, let your skin fix itself, it wants to, and your not letting it, and what i also noticed was, doing this routine, any red/brown marks i got in the process starts to fade a lot! quicker, and any pimple i get on my cheek now goes away a lot quicker, why? its the result of a diet + good sleep + water + less stress thats helping my skin rejuvenate itself, applying bloody BP with free radical activity is doing your skin long term damage, and doing damage in the lower layers of the skin, but NO, you guys want to trust the bloody drug companies, but whatever, im not the only one to post something liek this, and this will b my last post like this, if you wanna try it out, good for you, if you dont want to try it out, good luck with your regimen and i mean that genuinely.

Posted

I've been doing all of that, aside from the multivitamin for years. It didn't do anything. Now, I've been using a multi for a month, and still nothing. Unfortunately, we don't have a hyperbolic time chamber (dbz ftw) where we can go and test out all these long methods. I understand the philosophy, but it just doesn't work for some people.

Posted

I've been doing all of that, aside from the multivitamin for years. It didn't do anything. Now, I've been using a multi for a month, and still nothing. Unfortunately, we don't have a hyperbolic time chamber (dbz ftw) where we can go and test out all these long methods. I understand the philosophy, but it just doesn't work for some people.

some people are just not patient enough, how long did u try it for, and did u do everything that i mentioned? Also note i said ive never had a serious acne problem so obviously im gonna heal a lot quicker than most in here.

Cheers

Posted

some people are just not patient enough, how long did u try it for, and did u do everything that i mentioned? Also note i said ive never had a serious acne problem so obviously im gonna heal a lot quicker than most in here.

Cheers

It has nothing to do with patience it has to do with your skin type and how severe your red marks are. For those that had or have severe acne, or slow healing skin, their red marks will certainly not fade on their own, they will need the laser treatments, face peels, etc.

Posted

Cheers

It has nothing to do with patience it has to do with your skin type and how severe your red marks are. For those that had or have severe acne, or slow healing skin, their red marks will certainly not fade on their own, they will need the laser treatments, face peels, etc.

Just like any wound unless your missing some kind of thing in your body, your body will utilize all nutrients and energy needed towards healing itself, unless your skin has some problem and it cannot heal itself(which is possible, but not everyone has this problem) then your skin WILL heal itself, the thing is, you see yourself everday and so it does not seem like it.

This is just bs, so many years ago they didnt have all these laser this and that and skin peels, and there were way less people with acne and "redmarks", let your body heal itself, I saw someone's pic in this forum after doing a skin peel, and that seems dangerous, your really gonna damage your skin after doing something like that, and taking a risk of having a breakout and this time it will probably take even longer to heal

Posted

i stopped bp and had the worst breakout of my life. now i have tons of redmarks on my cheeks and some scars. don't stop the bp no matter what you do, you will regret it, i have for the last 8 months...

Posted

i stopped bp and had the worst breakout of my life. now i have tons of redmarks on my cheeks and some scars. don't stop the bp no matter what you do, you will regret it, i have for the last 8 months...

this is what i was nervous about when i was on BP, but someone said it's normal for your skin to do that because it's getting used to it, but thank God :pray: it never happened to me, i did not break out.

Its risky, but BP obviously isnt killing the cause of acne. So at one point you must stop using BP or keep using BP until you feel there are no more changes taking place inside your body and you get no more breakouts.

Posted

ppl shouldnt say Avoid Stress it isnt only u that says that .. but who cna avoid stress? if there was a away trust me i would def. with College it is inevitable that i will b having plnety of tension headache due to stress. But yes if no1 had stress i guarantee ppls acenw ould b less severe bc i think that is one of the reaosns alot of ppl ahve acne i know when i get stressed out i usually get a breakout.

Posted

ppl shouldnt say Avoid Stress it isnt only u that says that .. but who cna avoid stress? if there was a away trust me i would def. with College it is inevitable that i will b having plnety of tension headache due to stress. But yes if no1 had stress i guarantee ppls acenw ould b less severe bc i think that is one of the reaosns alot of ppl ahve acne i know when i get stressed out i usually get a breakout.

if you cant avoid stress, then after whatever you do is stressful you should relax, you could always do Yoga, its time consuming but its probably the best thing one can do, but i mean how many people in the forum do Yoga? not many im guessing