Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been seriously contemplating buying VitaCure. I was wondering if anyone else has ever used it. They say that acne is caused by a hormonal imbalance of the vitamin B5. They say theres not much of that vitamin in your body and at the same time 2 things need the vitamin: The oil on your skin and your hormonal development. And since hormonal development is more important, a majority of the vitamin is sent to your hormones, leaving your skin oily. I hope it works.

Stay away from megadosing on B5. It may work for you but only temporarily at best. If your going to put your body through that ordeal you might as well get accutane. That has been medical proven to work time and time again.

Ive been on b5 for two months now and clear the entire time, it worked for me. Accutane is no better for you then megadosing B5, its a choose your own poisen situation. I'm a supporter of b5, just remember your b complex vitamins.

alex

B5 worked good for a lot of people.

Never heard of VitaCure before. Strange that they don't meantion that you need a Complex-B (which you should) when using B5.

Other companies who sell B5 for acne are:

www.acnemiracle.com (cheapest, and with zinc)

www.b5supplements.com (with builtin extra vitamins against vitamin deficiency)

Yes it works but your being mislead. They are megadosing right now. The regime is to megadose in the beginning and then gradually lower it till you find you optimal lvl. Later on however it will stop working. Just do a search on this board we've discuss it before. Then their the fact that you might of gone through the whole ordeal and not have it work for you at all. Accutane works for everyone. If it doesnt cure your acne 100% it will at least make it managable.

Hey it your body if you want to believe the hype go ahead. I thought about it too until after further research. Seriousily you can't tell me you don't see something wrong with taking 10g of a single vitamin every day. Or better yet 10-20 pills per day every day. Doesn't that at least make you wonder.

Seriousily you can't tell me you don't see something wrong with taking 10g of a single vitamin every day.  Or better yet 10-20 pills per day every day.  Doesn't that at least make you wonder.

yes b5 works for most people, for a PERIOD OF TIME

i've said this, i know 12 people who used b5 in 10 to 15g doses for atleast 6 months each. not ONE REMAINED clear. it worked, then it stopped. look at MOST acne messageboards, search for B5. there are LOTS of people who say it worked then it stopped.

seriously, if you remain clear.. great. but MOST PEOPLE DON'T. and some people experience really messedup side effects like hair loss and insomnia.

i was clear for 4 months. then it stopped. it just straight up stopped working.

Some people say that after it gets less/not effective, you should stop for a few weeks and than go back on B5 again.

Hairloss could be because of vitamin deficiency when they don't take Complex-B with B5, or maybe zinc (which needs copper).

IMO people should just give it a try.