Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i've been using proactiv for almost a yr now, and while it took a bit to really do it's job, i now have a new problem! dark areas on my face. not from acne scars though, my dermatologist did confirm it was hyperpigmentation (damn sun hates me now!), and perscribed me a hydroquinone (a 4% one) cream.

now, i've also read not to use this with benzoyl peroxide, but how am i supposed to keep up my proactiv regimen if i can't combine them?

does anyone have any tips or have been through using both of these simultaneously?

You can't use both bp and hydroquinone together because it will make your spots darker. You can try exfoliation with an AHA or BHA to help with the spots.

I dont think it's recommended to use both. I'm in the same situation. I guess I just have to keep using proactiv, while waiting for the spots to fade.

i'm also using the Olay regenerist thermal skin polisher, which contains glycolic acid. anyone else using this product and know any sort of combinations that are ok/bad?

like would this go well with the hydroquinone? or would it be a better match with the proactiv stuff?

by the way, i'm using the proactiv, but just on everywhere but the areas i'm applying the hydroquinone on my face...so far so good.

god, i hate using SO MANY products!