Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
solipsism

Just starting CSR. Need help due to job details.

Hi. I'm a 23 year old male, with mild to moderate acne, except with (i think) cysts which elevate the problem. Cysts usually appear on the nose or mid cheek.

Anyway, i thought before i started this regiment, that i would ask some tips due to my job.

I work in an oil refinery with lots of steam (containing toxins) and near lots of hot equipment (300F - 930F) which causes a ton of sweat. THis is causes me to wash my face at work (12 hour days) at least 5-6 times per shift.

Any ideas on what i should use/stay away from. Right now i am using water, and a toner twice during the shift.

thanks

The CSR sounds like it would be pretty tough with your job! Splashing your face with water in the middle of the day from a workout is one thing...5-6 times is another. I would consult a derm to figure out if topicals are possible at all given your career, since you shouldn't have to reapply them throughout the day, but you will be washing them off. Accutane might be an option considering that you say you get cysts from time to time and that it sounds like any topical regimen might be impractical.

I think you should just do the regimen as normal and not wash your face throughout the day. As long as the BP has absorbed into your skin, sweating shouldn't be an issue. You definately need to stop washing your face 5-6 times a day. That can cause your skin to compensate and produce more oil, meaning more acne. Trust me, the regimen WILL work for you!

This will tough for you to pull off, I think.

But you can certainly give it a try.

But yea, I agree with the others about not washing so much during the day.

If you can get by with just using a towel or blotting off the sweat while at work, that might be better once you start the Regimen.

You'll need to only wash twice a day with a gentle cleanser (a.m. and p.m.), put on the bp and for you probably only a bit of moisturizer since it sounds as if you probably won't need much. But you can be the judge of how much moisturizer you will need.

If it doesn't work out, you might consider just doing the Regimen at night, if your acne is very mild that might work.

But, as Cool as Kim Deal said above, you may need to talk to a derm and find out your options seeing as you are are excessive heat and steam all day, that definitely plays a role here.

Good luck.

THanks for the replies. THere is no way i can get around putting water on my face... dirty water sprays on me at work, and i sweat bucketloads (im not the person to sweat alot either). I just try not to use soap and stuff while at work.

THanks for the replies. THere is no way i can get around putting water on my face... dirty water sprays on me at work, and i sweat bucketloads (im not the person to sweat alot either). I just try not to use soap and stuff while at work.

I would go to a derm and get on some good pills etc...although it's actually good you sweat, it's not good to sweat like that..and 12 hour shifts are long, so i mean although the CSR would work at night when you sleep, during the day it's pointless. I would suggest asking your derm for the next best thing to accutane, but without all the side effects. That way you'll have something fighting your acne during the day when you work your ass off, and then when you come home you can shower and us BP to take care of the rest of it. That should work good.