Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The other day i was at a bbq in a field with some friends.. for someones birthday, and a homeless guy decided to come and sit with us. At first he seemed ok... he started telling us about his life. About how he had his intials tattoo'd down his back because he'd been in the army/or something similar and if he was killed he wanted his body known.

He'd been beaten up by his 'mates' that morning and had a nasty cut on his head. It turned out he was off his head on speed, he wouldnt stop talking and began threatening us with guns... which sounds scary but it wasnt. It was just horrificly depressing.. he seemed so alone... he had nothing but weapons and drugs... his life was wasting away and he knew it... when we got away i think he continued to talk to himself.

I get annoyed wen people are like.. 'how dare you be depressed about acne when theres starving kids in africa much worse off than you ect...' cos its different.. and so far away... different lives and situations that you cant compare.

But when i compared my problems to this guys... it made me feel pathetic...

For as long as i have it im gonna get annoyed about acne... but ... hopefuly my skin will clear up and il move on with my life...that homeless guy will probably live out the rest of his life in that field or in prison. And thats something to be depressed about.

(by the way im not meaning to preach at anyone depressed about acne... thats just my story.. thought i would share it)

It's not really depressing when you think about it. He chose that life, he deserves it. You didn't choose acne.

How do you know he chose that life? why doe he deserve it? and why does that make it not depressing? Why would you choese a life like that?????

It's depressing to me.

It's not really depressing when you think about it. He chose that life, he deserves it. You didn't choose acne.

No one Chooses a life like that you moron. A lot of educated people with seeminly good lives end up on the streets, and they certainly don't deserve it. Sometimes all it can take is one bad decision. They may have a gambling or alcohol addiction which has destroyed their lives, or they may be ex army vets suffering from shell-shock. You can't just say it's their fault and they deserve it.

At least he didn't have acne. Being a bum and having disfiguring acne would be unimaginable.

At least he didn't have acne. Being a bum and having disfiguring acne would be unimaginable.

I reckon that acne would be at the very bottom of his list of problems

No one Chooses a life like that you moron. A lot of educated people with seeminly good lives end up on the streets, and they certainly don't deserve it. Sometimes all it can take is one bad decision. They may have a gambling or alcohol addiction which has destroyed their lives, or they may be ex army vets suffering from shell-shock. You can't just say it's their fault and they deserve it.

He didn't chose it like wake up one day thinking "yay! I want to be a fucking drug addict when I'm older" I DON'T think a lot of educated people with good lives end up on the streets. Maybe in New Zealand or wherever you come from. Where I was raised in a small town in the US ( I live in Canada now) pretty much all the people on the streets were they because they chose to do drugs at one point in their live maybe through peer pressure etc..

I didn't mean to stereotype though, and I know I shouldn't of done that. There are unfortunately some people on the streets, who were basically raised on the streets.

:cry::mad::(:angry:

We're all supposed to fail at life. It's the lucky ones that don't.

I reckon that acne would be at the very bottom of his list of problems

He didn't chose it like wake up one day thinking "yay! I want to be a fucking drug addict when I'm older" I DON'T think a lot of educated people with good lives end up on the streets. Maybe in New Zealand or wherever you come from. Where I was raised in a small town in the US ( I live in Canada now) pretty much all the people on the streets were they because they chose to do drugs at one point in their live maybe through peer pressure etc..

I didn't mean to stereotype though, and I know I shouldn't of done that. There are unfortunately some people on the streets, who were basically raised on the streets.

Yeh but afterall no one put the syringe or alcohol into his hand and said DRINK IT :evil:

i have no sympathy for people like that..i mean ok for example you want sympathy...

GEORGE BEST...needed liver transplant because he was a raging alcho....average wait is 2 years yet he managed to be pushed up the list just because of who he "was" (prob depriving some poor helpless child :mad: )just so he could get another one to waste again....now who gets the sympathy..george amazing best or the helpless childs parents you have to tell wont make it because the liver is too busy getting destroyed?...

Like i said people choose that sort off life.....people who have cancer get sympathy..people with acne....people that have no POWER over what they ended up with!

Just my opinion :shifty:

You truly are stupid. Why shouldn't people with alcoholism and drug addictions deserve or sympathy? If knew anything about it, you would know it's a disease, not simply a matter of willpower. My uncle was one of the most respected and highest payed lawyers in New Zealand. He was also a Queens Counsel ( in the commonwealth they are the best lawyers). He was an alcoholic , and bit by bit his life fell to pieces because of it. I think if it was a matter of willpower, he would have stopped drinking as soon as he lost his job and family. But he was a slave to the bottle, and in the end he commited suicide. So please don't fucking tell me that alcoholics and drug addicts don't deserve our sympathy you prick. If it's all simply a matter of morals and willpower, Why do organisations such as the AA and NA exist? Just because you have an alcohol or drug addiction, it does not mean you are a loser, as you seem to think. These people deserve our sympathy and help.

Yeh but afterall no one put the syringe or alcohol into his hand and said DRINK IT :evil:

i have no sympathy for people like that..i mean ok for example you want sympathy...

GEORGE BEST...needed liver transplant because he was a raging alcho....average wait is 2 years yet he managed to be pushed up the list just because of who he "was" (prob depriving some poor helpless child :mad: )just so he could get another one to waste again....now who gets the sympathy..george amazing best or the helpless childs parents you have to tell wont make it because the liver is too busy getting destroyed?...

Like i said people choose that sort off life.....people who have cancer get sympathy..people with acne....people that have no POWER over what they ended up with!

You truly are stupid. Why shouldn't people with alcoholism and drug addictions deserve or sympathy? If knew anything about it, you would know it's a disease, not simply a matter of willpower. My uncle was one of the most respected and highest payed lawyers in New Zealand. He was also a Queens Counsel ( in the commonwealth they are the best lawyers). He was an alcoholic , and bit by bit his life fell to pieces because of it. I think if it was a matter of willpower, he would have stopped drinking as soon as he lost his job and family. But he was a slave to the bottle, and in the end he commited suicide. So please don't fucking tell me that alcoholics and drug addicts don't deserve our sympathy you prick. If it's all simply a matter of morals and willpower, Why do organisations such as the AA and NA exist? Just because you have an alcohol or drug addiction, it does not mean you are a loser, as you seem to think. These people deserve our sympathy and help.

im stating the difference here between who should deserve sympathy more....as in a cancer patient or sumone that was an alcoholic....and as for alcoholics...my uncle is one too ok.

yeh AA is there to help people, willpower is needed but they CAN change and it IS a matter of willpower....and can you point out where i said "loser"???

If you read properly you would realise people chose that way off life....if they didnt drink they would not end up as alcoholics..they choose it - deal with the consequences!

Somehow hearing someone being run over by an alcoholic or a crashed caused by one doesnt quite help me when im handing out sympathy either.

AA is that there to help those tryin to get off drink? which means using there WILLPOWER...AA wouldnt be set up if they didnt believe it was a case of willpower and support for people to kick the habit :snooty:

im stating the difference here between who should deserve sympathy more....as in a cancer patient or sumone that was an alcoholic....and as for alcoholics...my uncle is one too ok.

yeh AA is there to help people, willpower is needed but they CAN change and it IS a matter of willpower....and can you point out where i said "loser"???

If you read properly you would realise people chose that way off life....if they didnt drink they would not end up as alcoholics..they choose it - deal with the consequences!

Somehow hearing someone being run over by an alcoholic or a crashed caused by one doesnt quite help me when im handing out sympathy either.

AA is that there to help those tryin to get off drink? which means using there WILLPOWER...AA wouldnt be set up if they didnt believe it was a case of willpower and support for people to kick the habit :snooty:

Yes but organisations are such as AA and drug rehab clinics are there because people can not fight this illness on their own. They need support and help from professionals such as counsellors etc. THEIR willpower ALONE is not enough. That is the point i was trying to make. And that's stupid to say they chose to drink and therefore it's their own fault. Many people drink socially and with meals etc, and do not end up alcoholics.

No disrespect to your uncle at all, but if he was respected like you say he was, had a high paying job etc. then it's sounds like he wasted his life away. Please don't hate me for saying this, I'm sorry but try to see where I'm coming from:

My step-brother was the most amazing person in so many people's lives. He was 21, engaged to someone he seemed to truely be in love with, and would of had a great life with a great career. He drank a lot, and was a recognizable alcholic and one night he broke a lot of peoples hearts when we heard at 1 in the morning he had died in a car crash. It wasn't too big of a suprise when we heard he was driving impaired.

I'm sorry but it's selfishness if you DO have a good life already, with many people who respect you and you hurt them when theres no reason to do so in the first place.

However, I do COMPLETELY agree with you when you say, that people who have made these sort of mistakes should be forgiven and given a second chance, but it takes a bit of effort to tell people you:

a) have a problem

b) need help, (there is pretty much NO way people like this can make it out on their own)

c) willing to do whatever it takes

If you just commit suicide, then you will never know what it's like to live with the pride of accomplishing something that was extremely difficult, but you can put behind you and move on.

No disrespect to your uncle at all, but if he was respected like you say he was, had a high paying job etc. then it's sounds like he wasted his life away. Please don't hate me for saying this, I'm sorry but try to see where I'm coming from:

My step-brother was the most amazing person in so many people's lives. He was 21, engaged to someone he seemed to truely be in love with, and would of had a great life with a great career. He drank a lot, and was a recognizable alcholic and one night he broke a lot of peoples hearts when we heard at 1 in the morning he had died in a car crash. It wasn't too big of a suprise when we heard he was driving impaired.

I'm sorry but it's selfishness if you DO have a good life already, with many people who respect you and you hurt them when theres no reason to do so in the first place.

However, I do COMPLETELY agree with you when you say, that people who have made these sort of mistakes should be forgiven and given a second chance, but it takes a bit of effort to tell people you:

a) have a problem

b) need help, (there is pretty much NO way people like this can make it out on their own)

If you just commit suicide, then you will never know what it's like to live with the pride of accomplishing something that was extremely difficult, but you can put behind you and move on.

sori about your step brother :cry:

Im sure you have thought for a moment what life would be life without alcohol..since you and your family had to come to terms with the lose of your step brother and such a young age.

I believe its selfishness too if its a good life you have..and its a choice that person took..sorry if i came off as mean or anything but i hate the way people go on about junkies or somtehing as if they hadnt got a choice and deserve all the sympathy in the world. Id rather give the sympathy to the family thats left to pick up the pieces :cry:

a) have a problem

I can see where you are coming from. Good post :clap:

You seem set on thinking that he was homeless because he was an alcoholic...?

How stereotypical; ''oh.. that guy is homeless because he is an alcoholic''

He was more likely to have TURNED to drink and drugs through being a homeless tramp.

You seem set on thinking that he was homeless because he was an alcoholic...?

How stereotypical; ''oh.. that guy is homeless because he is an alcoholic''

He was more likely to have TURNED to drink and drugs through being a homeless tramp.

Good point enilesav. People always say "why the hell to homeless people waste all their money on alcohol and drugs?" With the small amount of money they can muster up, It's not like they can use it to get off the streets. Buying alcohol and drugs is the only amount of satisfaction and enjoyment they can get out of life.