Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

STARTING ACCUTANE TOMORROW WOHOO

After 2.5 years of asking many doctors for it, I got refered to a Paediatrician. What a nice lady, she understood and was very good, she is just worried for my self being etc, unlike the fast job doctors.

Anyways, Im starting on 10mg for 2 weeks, after that it's 20mg in morning and 20mg during dinner so thats 40mg.

I'm so excited and am still smiling.

Anything I should know extra, any tips etc?

Hey John, I remember back in the old day when I first found out I was an accutane candidate lol. But lets get serious theres some very important things you should now about accutane that can make youre course more barible. The link below is a FAQ's about accutane many questions are answered there so I won't bother typing out much.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=44105

John there are a few things I susgest you do before you start your accutane course. Be sure you buy alot of Lip Moisturizer. You're lips will start to crack and peel eventually might as well be prepared for it . Also your skin will get very dry so be sure to get a good moisturizer, I use a Cetaphil Skin Moisturizer.

And John one of the most important things to remember is you will need patience when on Accutane... this drug dosen't work its magic in one day it takes time. When I started my accutane my skin broke out after the second week but I stuck with it and I'm very happy with what I'm see'ing ( closing in on my second month :) )

If you have any questions just don't be afraid to keep replying to this thread.

Best of Luck!

After 2.5 years of asking many doctors for it, I got refered to a Paediatrician. What a nice lady, she understood and was very good, she is just worried for my self being etc, unlike the fast job doctors.

Anyways, Im starting on 10mg for 2 weeks, after that it's 20mg in morning and 20mg during dinner so thats 40mg.

I'm so excited and am still smiling.

Anything I should know extra, any tips etc?

wow only 10 mg? you must be realli young. im on 20mg, day 9. good luck with it. ironic how acne usually starts at an age with the most self-esteem problems.

make sure you follow your dose properly. don't mess around with it.

make sure you take your accutane with/right after a fatty meal/food.

About to get bloodwork and tests, wish me luck, will pop first pill this morning

hmmm yeah good luck i guess, its a low dose because you have mild acne only, hope you dont give up on it like you did on the tetra after just 3 weeks when you didnt see any results.....

I just finished a 5 month course on 80mg and the first 3 months were hell, severe breakouts