Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I get post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation very badly. I'm Indian and so I have olive skin and it just marks easily. I really don't have acne at all, but if I pick at my face it turns brown and gross and is much worse than a pimple and takes forever to go away. Lately it's been terrible because I tried using a proactiv skin lightening lotion around the corners of my mouth and it turned them dark brown and it is constantly peeling and dry and digusting. Have any of you heard of the Obagi line? It's really expensive all together, but the main thing in the line is one piece called the #5 Blender - its 4% hydroquinone and you have to get it prescribed, but you can get it from a medical spa or something too. Basically, what the line does is it slowly sloughs off and replaces your dead skin cells in the stratum corneum (sp?) with a newer, healthier, THINNER one. Usually when you use any sort of topical medicinal cream, most of it gets stuck in your top dead layers and doesn't do much or takes a long time for any improvement (which I'm no good with and can't stick with anything). Here's what I did, with only the Obagi Blender (which you can get online too for like $60-70). I had a treatment of microdermabrasion, which sloughed off all that dead skin, and then I started using the Blender on my face. It worked like magic after the microdermabrasion, because it could get down into my skin and actually correct the hyperpigmentation, in like less than 2 weeks. I HATE BROWN SPOTS. They are the bane of my existence. But here's something that might help you too?

You're like me. Im Indian too. I dont have a major acne problem but scar easily. I dont even pick at my face. Its so frustrating. Thanks for the info.

hq3 or hydroquinone made me break out more frequently...i used to get large boil like acne...nice to know it helped u anyway

I have beigish/light brownish skin colour, and since im not really dark skinned i do get red marks on my cheeks after acne, and sometimes i get brown marks as well, but its definitely red marks, but they are fading away now, and it hasnt taken that long, if u start worrying less about it, it will start going down and as long as your keeping your skin healthy by NOT PUTTING MEDICATED CRAP ON YOUR FACE

Yeah, usually medicated crap doesn't work for me, but rather messes up my skin more, which is where a lot of the bad hyperpigmentation came from in the first place, but honestly, when I was waiting, more brown spots would come or marks or whatever, and just frustrate me. When the ones I had faded, there were new ones in their place. I know that not messing with your skin is obviously a great solution, but here was mine. I just wanted to share it because it is the only thing that has ever worked for me. It was amazing what it did. I noticed dramatic results even the next day. And I had prepared myself to not be disappointed if it took awhile to work. But it did. I know its expensive. It's probably around $200 for both things. But I had already spent so much on makeup and other crap and just wasted time feeling generally bad about my skin that it was worth it to me. And it's a lot of money to put down on something you aren't sure will work. But I researched it quite a bit and talked to my aesthetician (sp?) and this is what we came up with. And it worked. So if you can spend it and your marks really bother you and are more from you messing with your face out of frustration than acne, there's a solution... Oh yeah, haha with the Indian skin, its sooo hard to find makeup that matches, especially with my skin tone which is really odd since my dad is dark and my mom is really light and I have some odd combination of the underlying and overlaying tones. So, my skin never looked very good with makeup on.

I have olive skin as well, I'm portuguese.

After a moderate breakout, once I'm clear of blemishes and just have the spots I do at home microdermabrasin and that also gets rid of them straight away.