Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Verdizzy

Applying the BP

I've watched Dan's video several times when he applies the BP and when I first started the regimen, I did it exactly like he did. However, for some reason it still didn't seem to work.

Recently (last 5 days) I tried something new. I still did the regimen the same, but I was EXTRA EXTRA gentle when applying anything on my face. I use Aveeno ultra calming foaming face wash which I must add is AWESOME. I'm not into the whole science about it but I use it because someone said that the PH level is just right and is really gentle on your skin. I use 4 pumps and then pretty much coat my face with it. My fingers don't even touch my face because the foam is so thick that it just glides on. Once its all over my face, I gently rinse and pat dry.

Now, with the BP I also tried something different. I still used the same amount but this time, I don't rub it in as long. I dab it on the places I need it most then spread it across my face (similar to how I do with the face wash) and I BARELY touch my skin with my fingers, I let the BP glide on. Once my face is coated I'll go over it gently one more time with my fingers and move onto the next section of my face.

I do the same with my moisturizer except I rub the moisturizer in my hands first before gently applying it on my face (still have some of that beloved Eucerin left).

I think what I'm trying to say is that Dan really believes in being gentle with your skin. At first I thought I was being gentle but it still didn't seem to work. My skin was still breaking out and getting irritated. Now, I NEVER touch my face and even when I'm washing it or applying stuff on it I barely touch it. Maybe my skin was more sensitive than I thought. Maybe it's just the regimen starting to kick in, but all I know is that when I tried my new approach to the regimen my skin cleared up in 5 days.

Just thought I'd share that with anyone who thinks the regimen might not be working. It might be the way you are applying everything on your face. Your face is more sensitive than you would think. I've learned that now and my face is the clearest its been in 2 years.

thanks so much for that post!

Gentleness is a key factor, I agree 100% with you.

So glad you are clearing up!

I've watched Dan's video several times when he applies the BP and when I first started the regimen, I did it exactly like he did. However, for some reason it still didn't seem to work.

Recently (last 5 days) I tried something new. I still did the regimen the same, but I was EXTRA EXTRA gentle when applying anything on my face. I use Aveeno ultra calming foaming face wash which I must add is AWESOME. I'm not into the whole science about it but I use it because someone said that the PH level is just right and is really gentle on your skin. I use 4 pumps and then pretty much coat my face with it. My fingers don't even touch my face because the foam is so thick that it just glides on. Once its all over my face, I gently rinse and pat dry.

Now, with the BP I also tried something different. I still used the same amount but this time, I don't rub it in as long. I dab it on the places I need it most then spread it across my face (similar to how I do with the face wash) and I BARELY touch my skin with my fingers, I let the BP glide on. Once my face is coated I'll go over it gently one more time with my fingers and move onto the next section of my face.

I do the same with my moisturizer except I rub the moisturizer in my hands first before gently applying it on my face (still have some of that beloved Eucerin left).

I think what I'm trying to say is that Dan really believes in being gentle with your skin. At first I thought I was being gentle but it still didn't seem to work. My skin was still breaking out and getting irritated. Now, I NEVER touch my face and even when I'm washing it or applying stuff on it I barely touch it. Maybe my skin was more sensitive than I thought. Maybe it's just the regimen starting to kick in, but all I know is that when I tried my new approach to the regimen my skin cleared up in 5 days.

Just thought I'd share that with anyone who thinks the regimen might not be working. It might be the way you are applying everything on your face. Your face is more sensitive than you would think. I've learned that now and my face is the clearest its been in 2 years.

My face is very itchy, mostly due to my dirty warehouse job.

So i can't not touch :(

My face is very itchy, mostly due to my dirty warehouse job.

So i can't not touch :(

I know what you mean. Sometimes my face gets itchy and its very tempting to scratch. You must avoid that at all costs! If you really can't stand it, gently rub the itch with your finger. Make sure you don't use your nail because there is alot of dirt in their that can get to your pores. I use that as a last resort.