Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtomiK

Proactiv to CSR

Hello everyone,

I would just like to know if there is anything I should know about before switching from Proactiv to CSR because I am planning to start the CSR tonight since Proactiv isn't really doing the wonders it claims to be. I have been using Proactiv for about 8 months now so would it be okay if I just started to use the full amount of BP instead of starting slowly, since I assume my skin gets less irritated by BP because I have been using Proactiv for so long. Also, are there any other things I should know about before starting the CSR? For example, would my acne get worse if I immediately went from Proactiv to CSR and stuff like that. Thanks a lot!

its better than pro-active for one :D

as you got us to help you out whenever you need it :D

also, i dont think you need to start as slow as a new user of bp would.

i suggest starting with a BIT less bp then usual (if your switching off of proactives bp etc)

ill suggest

CSR Cleanser

CSR Gel (2.5%BP)

and a moisturiser listed on this thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=97227

you wil find opinions of lots of moisturisers there so jus have a look etc.

Good luck on your new Quest

here is a bit of "happy reading" so you can read success storys from REAL people not jessica Simpson hehe

http://www.acne.org/success.php

:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

I just switched from Proactiv to CSR this week (07/08) and while I have not used quite as much of the BP as Dan suggests you work up to, I am close. Still seeing dryness, but the moisturizer is helping. Good luck! I am right there with you as a former Proactiv user...

Thanks for the help guys, quick question, I hear the Eucerin Lotion is pretty good, but discontinued, so does anyone know where I can get what is left of that product for sale, or should I just go with the Cetaphil moisturizer? Thanks

Ooh crap, looks like I bought the wrong moisturizer... Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. Should have read that before I bought a bottle of it. Oh well, thanks for the link Dami4n.

I was able to get the Eucerin Daily Skin Renewal moisturizer w/SPF 15 (the one Dan recommends but is discontinued) on Amazon.com. This is the one with AHA in it. I have been using it for 6 months or so and it is fabulous! No flakes and my skin is soooo smooth. I bought 5 which should be enough to last me until Dan comes out with his (hopefully!). Hope this helps!

the closest thing we have in the US to Eucerin Skin Renewal is Neutrogena Healthy skin Face Lotion. It is more strong than Eucerin Skin Renewal, but it moisturizes and has glycolic acid which helps to exfoliate and keep flakes away. It isn't a good starter moisturizer though, so after you've gotten a good start on the CSR, you can switch over if you want to around the 4 week mark.

good luck!

Another quick question, I work at a job where I unload supplies to restaurants and there are about ten 15 minute intervals at which I sweat a lot because of the summer heat. Other times, I am just sitting in the truck with the AC on. So when I get home, can I use a damp wash cloth to wipe the oil off my face, or do I have to do something else? Thanks.

Ooh crap, looks like I bought the wrong moisturizer... Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. Should have read that before I bought a bottle of it. Oh well, thanks for the link Dami4n.

You can usually return stuff to Walgreens and CVS. I've gotten the wrong moisturizer and returned it without any questions asked.

Another quick question, I work at a job where I unload supplies to restaurants and there are about ten 15 minute intervals at which I sweat a lot because of the summer heat. Other times, I am just sitting in the truck with the AC on. So when I get home, can I use a damp wash cloth to wipe the oil off my face, or do I have to do something else? Thanks.

You might just blot off the oil with a clean dry napkin, then wait to wash in the p.m. as usual so you can do your Regimen medications.