Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
muggz

Do you ever get spots that do this when you apply BP?

Hi there,

Im using BP 2.5% to apply when i feel a spot coming up.

Do you guys ever get those spots that dont seem to have anything in them, just really sore under the skin types that almost look like a sting? no puss just purple and quite smooth. im not sure what they are catagorised under (let me know) .

Anyway i felt one coming up the other day so i started applying BP on it, after two days i always find that the spot changes from red to purple and almost looks like ive popped it (even tho i havent), it seems like BP stops the spot from getting bigger however it always leaves me with a dry, almost rippled spot, the texture on top of it looks as if ive done damage to it. After this it takes ages to fade.

Does anyone get the same type of spots and reaction? at what stage can i start applying fade creams on the area and start exfloating? what do you find is the best thing to deal with this type of spot if u get them?

thanks people

post-11418-1152576750_thumb.jpg

post-11418-1152576750_thumb.jpg

That looks exactly like a hive. I get those too. People "can" mistake them for some kind of pimple. But its not. Its a hive, the big indication, the fact thats its a purple colour, and that it itches. I get those under neath my jaw, as well as a break out here or there on my cheeks..

But some Calamine Lotion on it, thats really good for hives. Also if its bothering you a lot, take some Bennlyen.

is there a different treatment for hives rather than bp? or do i just treat it like a normal spot?

is there a different treatment for hives rather than bp? or do i just treat it like a normal spot?

Yeah, putting BP on it won't do anything, or it'll just irritate it further..

I suggest putting Calmine Lotion on it. Thats what I do when I get a break out of hives, after application there gone in like a day or two.

Hey, yeah my skin gets hugely discolored when i apply bp, even though i put sunscreen on top of it, and then it takes days for the scaly, purple skin to recover. so i don't use bp. perhaps we're mildly allergic to it?

ARGH thats annoying i didnt know that before, does the calamine help with the purple-ness too?

by the way thanks for the replies its very much appreciated

what causes hive spots by the way?

i also get spots which look like two spots in one, two yellow heads, those are really sore, anyone else get them or know how to deal with them?

what causes hive spots by the way?

i also get spots which look like two spots in one, two yellow heads, those are really sore, anyone else get them or know how to deal with them?

yeah i had that two days ago, i applied bp but it just itched so i stopped and two days later its gone :whistle:

ARGH thats annoying i didnt know that before, does the calamine help with the purple-ness too?

by the way thanks for the replies its very much appreciated

Yeah Calamine helps discolouration, heals it. As well putting cool water on it helps inflamation(thats if its really irritated).