Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
screw_acne

this site seriously does hate accutane

They're ambulance chasers! It pisses me off too! Do ya think they left any side effects out? Geez...

nothing good , all bad news about accutane

http://accutane.poweradvocates.com/accutan...de_effects.html

why do these people take the drugs if warned already?

they are asking for unreasonable compensations , it pisses me off.

Typically, Adverse Events Reporting receives the MOST weird side effects, and just because something is reported as an Adverse Event doesn't mean it is caused by the drug directly, just that it has to be reported and causality is assumed. This is what I'm spending my summer doing. People report stuff that's completely unrelated but has to get reported as being caused by the drug. For example, if someone has a pre-existing heart condition and gets a heart attack while on accutane, they can report that they were taking accutane and the FDA assumes that accutane caused the heart attack... The system is very weird.

Then you get weird people who report things like "My whole body turned red" and then when you follow up they say "oops, I was wearing red clothes and when I took a shower it went away... I guess the dye just ran." But they still get reported.

Sorry, that's my rant.

why do these people take the drugs if warned already?

Because they are 1) ignorant, and 2) trust their doctor, thinking that if anything goes wrong, he would have no choice but accept responsibility, i.e. false assurance. With children, this is excusable.

WOW THAT LIST OF SIDE EFFECTS IS EXTREMELY LONG!!!!!

If you count all of the conditions associated with the ones listed, it gets significantly longer. :|

##

-Roaccutane Science: http://max001.proboards42.com

-Retinoid signaling, etc.

-FDA Advisory Committee on Accutane (2000)

-Accutane package label (2005)

-Package label history

just grabbed a random quote from the site which i found amusing:

"Mother of 15-year-old Tampa suicide pilot blaming acne drug for boy's death

April 17, 2002, Wednesday

Associated Press

By VICKIE CHACHERE

The maker of the acne drug Accutane faces a $70 million lawsuit claiming the medicine caused severe psychosis in a 15-year-old boy who crashed a stolen plane into a Tampa high-rise. The lawsuit, filed against Hoffmann-La Roche on Monday by the family of Charles Bishop, blames Accutane for the boy's suicide. Bishop slammed the small plane into the high rise on Jan. 5 and left behind a note expressing sympathy for Osama bin Laden and supporting the Sept. 11 attacks. "

right, and accutane caused him to do all of that... :crazy2:

The best part of that story you quoted is that they did an autopsy on that kid and he had no Accutane in his system whatsoever. Apparently just having the prescription in your pocket makes you crazy via osmosis or something.

heh none of the side effects say acne scarring, which is the most frequently complained about side effect on acne.org. what is acne fulminans?

Those stupid morons should read "A Nation of Victims. The Decline of the American Character".

a lawyer that gets to cater to all the whiney bitches who blame their problems on accutane.... wow.

most of the side effects listed would have come up on placebo pills if they were told it was accutane.

this is pathetic. I HOPE that this goes to trial, so they can PROVE that accutane is fine and has nothing to do with screwed up peoples problems who are trying to cash in on them.

This site does not hate accutane, we support it.... except the few people who have convinced themselves that accutane is evil and preach against it.

by the way..... owwwwwwww.... i'm in a bad mood, my spleen hurts.... it MUST be the accutane...... GIVE ME MONEY! :P

I hate these people.

Because of these ignorant people, isotretinoin is getting a bad reputation, making isotrexin unavailable in North America.

I hate these people.

Because of these ignorant people, isotretinoin is getting a bad reputation, making isotrexin unavailable in North America.

I hope not. I'm in my 7th week of accutane and the only side effects are the extreme dryness...I'll deal with anything. At 37, I've dealt with the acne long enough. I'm also seeing a complete change in the rosacea I've been plagued with. I haven't had any redness and we're in the middle of a hot South Carolina summer.

I'd hate to see it taken off the market.

most of the side effects listed would have come up on placebo pills if they were told it was accutane.

Are you quoting studies or are you just playing make-believe?

That.. and the studies on retinoid systems.

right, and accutane caused him to do all of that...

What knowledge do you have that qualifies you to reach this conclusion?

##

-Package label history

I don't read those kind of books. I love truth, not propaganda. And I am a Libertarian, like Charles Sykes, whatever relevance that has to this discussion. :think:

Here are some of my reading recommendations for you: http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/davec//index...923&start=4

##

-Package label history

right, and accutane caused him to do all of that...

What knowledge do you have that qualifies you to reach this conclusion?

The knowledge that the autopsy revealed that he had not a trace of isotretinoin in his system.

I would say anyone who has not had bad acne , is not aloud to even talk about treatment.. they do not know what it is like to give anything to get over it... and after trying everything ... tan is all you have...

I have a hard time with people who create sites like this too when the medication is proven to help so many. I have a bitch of time getting my own medication thanks to sites like these. There are many many people who are ignorant to the conditions of others who maybe only have a shot in the dark and hey, if it works why not take it?

The warnings for ALL medications exist. When you take it, you need to educate yourself. Then the rest of the world needs to respect the decision you and your doctor made.

if it were that easy i know i wouldn't be as pissed off at the pharmacutical industry half the time!

The warnings for ALL medications exist. When you take it, you need to educate yourself. Then the rest of the world needs to respect the decision you and your doctor made.

Here here!

The information is always available, people just refuse to go looking for it because they're lazy or think it's not there. Then when something bad happens they blame the companies... Read the god damn package insert, for crying out loud, that's why it's there... not just to take up space in the container. All the most important stuff is right there (like interacting medications, dosage information, side effects, etc.) because it's required to be there BY LAW. If you want even more info, that's also easily obtainable... it has to be BY LAW. There's patient information materials, even more informative materials they give to doctors (suprisingly easy to come by and much more detailed) and then of course you can call the company and request information if you're still not satisfied. All medications come with risks, so if you're taking the medication you're saying "these risks do not outweigh the potential benefit to me from taking the drug."