Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strider1

Which of these moisterizers to try out?

So I have been using aveeno ultra calming moisterizer with 15 spf but I think I need to find one that moisterizers better. I checked that thread above where everyone suggest and alot of people were suggesting that one, so I got it. :confused:

So I think Im going to try a new one.

My mom has these 2, so I might try those out:

Dove Face Care Deep Moisture Facial Lotion, Dry Skin

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

Clean & Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer

Can someone check those 2 out to see if they are good?

But Im also thinking of just buying and trying out a new one. I was going to try the cetaphil or neutrogena one but I dont like the reviews its getting.

So heres some ones Im thinking of...

Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Lotion SPF 15

Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...V1Kdn8kjZ8JKHng

also someone jsut check out the ingrideniants and stuff to make sure its good.

So which one do you think I should use? I want to try out that neutrogena healthly skin face moisterizer but I have to wait a while longer before I use that because its not good for beginners.

I could not find a full ingredient list for the Morning Glow moisturizer.

The Dove one appears fine, except I think the ingredient "cholesterol" is just 'oil' in disguise.

I have used Eucerin Q10 and it is fine if you want to try it. Nothing fabulous about it, but nothing horrible either.

aloe vera sounds good in theory, but in practice most people find that it dries sticky and flakes off.

Out of all those you listed, I think I would recommend the Q10 until you can transition over to Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion.

hey brandy, thanks again!

I was looking at that aloe vera one I was I was thinking it would be a great one because I was looking at the reviews and pretty much everysingle person gave it 5 stars!!!

Yeah I was thinking that eucerinQ10 one because I hear everyone just praising that brand so Im thinking it might be good.

When do you think is the earliest I can use that Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion?

Do you think it would be a good idea to when using that one to alternate between another moisterizer, day and night when first trying the healthly skinface? I've been on the regimen for 1 week so far. Im doing good but it seems Im a bit dry. After working out this morning, I was noticibly more dry and red, but I think that was due to the moisterzer not be good enough.

When you have gone to the full amount of bp and your skin has stabilized on it, you can add in the Neutrogena Healthy skin Face Lotion.

Usually around the 4 week mark is what we recommend.

You can certainly TRY the aloe vera if you want to, report back how it went if you do. It isn't actually very moisturizing though.

I recently (the past three two weeks) switched to the Dove Deep Moisture and it has been really working well. I had previously tried the Aveeno postively radiant and the Aveeno ultra calming but they didn't seem to help much and made my skin greasy.

Immediately after I put the Dove on, my face looks a bit shiny but it does absorb in to my skin after a few minutes. I don't use too much of it either. I only need about a dime to a penny size amount for my entire face.

Hope this helps! :)

I've been using the Morning Glow for a while, and I like it a lot. It's pretty moisturizing, though if you're very dry, you will still have flaking problems since it's not super rich. It has a subtle shimmer in it that you will either love or hate. Anyone who doesn't want to draw more attention to their skin probably shouldn't use it because of the shimmer. If you're like me and don't like wearing makeup but don't want to look like a dull assbag, though, it's perfect. It definitely hasn't caused any breakouts or irritation, and it seems pretty gentle even though the ingredient list is looooooooooong. The nice thing about it is that is has SPF in it but somehow doesn't turn white when exposed to water, unlike some other SPF moisturizers and even the beloved Eucerin (from what I've heard). It's not a perfect moisturizer, but it's pretty cheap and pretty good at what it does. I recommend it if you don't mind the shimmer!

yeah I was thinking about trying that one out to but I heard about the shimmer and Im a guy soooo :doubt: Isnt that one more geared towards girls though? it was my moms lol.