Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
queengodiva

anyone break out from cetaphil but not from dan's cleanser?

hi all! I am considering trying dan's cleanser as I am a big fan of his bp gel. However, I used cetaphil and broke out terribly from it. My derm said it was from the sls , has anyone else had a bad experience from cetaphil but not from dan's cleanser? How high is the concentration of SLS in the cleanser compared to that of cetaphil?

thanks!

*raises hand*

I gave Cetaphil a try awhile back. It did not clean well, left a residue, and I began breaking out in under a week whereas before I was totally clear.

Dan's CSR cleanser has not caused me any problems at all. In fact, my skin is thriving with it.

I found it left my skin feeling greasy and not clean, i don't use it any more, I did give it a long try tho, and i felt like it did break me out!

Thanks for the answers:) I may try Dan's when i have completed the current cleanser I'm using. Guess I'm not the only one who hate cetaphil:)

Does anyone like cetaphil? lol... would it b alright 2 use wit Roaccutane? Cause i just got it cause im on roaccutane just for a basic gentle cleanser... maybe it will b alright for me...

AlKaMiMe :cool:

would probably be fine for using with Accutane.

But still, I think I'd choose Purpose gentle wash over Cetaphil any day.

Do they sell the Purpose gentle wash in Australia??? Cause i might give that a go... but ill c how things work out wit the cetaphil for a while before i make a change if i have 2...

AlKaMiMe :cool:

it's amazing how one product can work wonderfully for some people but not for others. My skin is oily and cetaphil makes me break out in little tiny bumps everywhere. I've used purpose wash, which was good but a little drying for me, so now I use spectro jel and love it but I live in the US and it's hard to order from canada. People compare cetaphil to spectro jel as they are both supposed to be gentle but cetaphil leaves me greasy and spectro doesn't. Anyways thanks for all the comments! I think I will try Dan's face wash when I'm ordering again:)

It's not you - I can't use regular Cetaphil either. Totally made me break out and I didn't feel like it cleaned well at all. Left makeup behind too. Cetaphil makes a Normal to Oily skin cleanser now which is better and not too drying.

There are two types of Cetaphil cleanser that I have used. I like one and the other one is just ehhh.

There is the one for normal to oily skin:

IPB Image

It is clear, gentle and lathers, though not nearly as well as CSR cleanser. It does, however, have added fragrance. :confused:

And then there is the gentle cleanser:

IPB Image

It doesn't lather at all. It feels like you are rubbing lotion on your face and doesn't take off makeup well at all. However, if you don't wear makeup and have super sensitive skin, it is great....unless you are allergic to any of the ingredients that is! This one is not scented.

I prefer CSR cleanser and my best friend prefers Cetaphil for normal to oily skin so it is all up to personal preference.

i thought cetaphil cleanser was fine i was using from the start of the regimen and kept it going for like a month in a half then i ran out so i used some of my old stuff and i started to clear up so i guess it sucked for me to

the gentle cleanser bar worked for me...i tried dans cleanser but it made me break out...the cetaphile gel is crap too. Im going back to the cleanser bar by cetaphile today

The cetaphil with added fragarence broke me out. Then I got the regular 1 without, and seems to be good. Maybe because Im using retin-a Idk

Both of Cetaphil's bars contain fragrance, and the fragrance free gentle cleanser is just plain nasty...