Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im currently using cetaphil normal to oily skin cleanser but im thinking of buying the gentle one

i do get oily skin easily because of my acne but isnt it better to always go for a gentler cleanser?

have you tried bar cleansers (i use the Purpose bar and love it)

they are gentle for me, and help prevent my skin from getting oily

-bob

im currently using cetaphil normal to oily skin cleanser but im thinking of buying the gentle one

i do get oily skin easily because of my acne but isnt it better to always go for a gentler cleanser?

Both of the cetaphil cleansers are very mild... I like the normal-to-oily one because it feels like it slightly better. A lot of people complain about the gentle one being a little TOO gentle.

it doesnt seem like cetaphil would work because it doesnt have medication it in.

Yeah, that's kinda the idea behind it. It's supposed to be gentle so that you don't over-dry your face with a medicated cleanser.

Cetalphil is good if you alreayd have really great skin, or you have sensitive skin . If you have acne, you would want something that is geared more toward your skin.

There is a similar product to cetaphil here in canada that is also antibacterial for acne care, but also very gentle and does not over-dry. I personally dont like it, becasue i like to feel my products working. But, my ex loved it and it helped keep him clear after being on tane.

Its called Spectro-Gel Acne care cleanser. Some people swear by it. Not sure if its available in the states.

Gagan

washing your face with chemicals will just send it all down the drain.

Washing your face is not about BP or any of that stuff but about how well you can clean out your pores, get dirt off your face, feel clean, etc

that's my 2 cents o.o correct me if i'm wrong

Yessssss.. bigg differance for me

use the gentle one. the one ment for oily skin made me dry.

the gentle one is muuchh muuchh better