Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
callie9500

Bangs or no bangs?

I was curious if anyone ever noticed not having bangs helping with acne on the forehead.....I am thinking of growing mine out......I am not sure I would look good like that, but thought maybe getting my bangs off my forhead might help with my acne ? Someone told me "older" people dont look good with "no bangs", I am 36, anyone else agree with that?

Idk about looking good, thats kind of hard to tell over the internet. But sometimes hair can cause acne. This is because there is oil/grease in hair, and when it touches the skin, this stuff can transfer to the face. Its kind of like touching your face with your hands.

-bob

I didnt mean me personally about being to old for growing my bangs out, I meant generally speaking. I was wondering what other peoples takes were on that. Obviously you wouldnt be able to tell me if I would look okay, because there is no pic of me to see.

I figured having hair touching your face may be a contributing factor, also, the hair products (like hairspray) that goes on your bangs as well....

yea i dont really like bangs

also, if you are getting hair-spray/gunk on your face, that can really clog up pores

-bob

Well, I try not to get any hairspray on my forehead but I am sure some gets on there....I feel kind of strange with no bangs, but I am sure it is only because I am not use to seeing myself this way......

i don't have bangs and i don't have acne on my forehead.

i got acne on my jawline though (maybe because I have long hair and i always wear my hair down?)

oh well.......

having bangs or no bangs has nothing to do with age, it's all about the shape of your face & the size of your forehead. as long as you dont have a long skinny face & high forehead, you should look ok w/out bangs.

p.s. you're not "older", you're still very young!

You might check the ingredients in your hair products to see if they are pore-clogging (any sprays, gels, conditioner, etc.). I try to pull my bangs off my face at night, and a few times a week. I think hair products were at least partly responsible for my forehead breaking out several months ago. Trying covering your forhead with something while you spray your bangs - then let the spray dry before you uncover your forehead (you can use plastic wrap, tissue, etc.) I also skip putting conditioner on my bangs most days.

I know what you mean by feeling like you look weird without bangs when you are used to having them. I had them most of my life and then decided to grow them out. At first I felt naked without them! I got used to it after awhile though.

thanks for saying I am still young. Doesnt seem like it sometimes. I definatley dont have a long skinny face, more heart shaped or rounded......thanks for all the replys, it is great having conversations with people that understand.

I'm your age, and I wear bangs!

Just keep your hair clean and keep your bangs free from excessive product use.

I did grow mine out a few years back, and I absolutely HATED it! lol.

I do not have a nice forehead, lol. So, got my bangs back, look much better, and honestly my bangs have no real factor on my acne. My face is more likely to break out than my forehead any day.

what made you think you didnt have a nice forehead? Yeah, I dont know what I am doing at this point, like now, I think I want to grow them out and then once I do, I will probably cut them.....LOL

Bangs? Like Stevie Nicks' bangs? Pippi Longstocking bangs? I don't think I've seen anyone with bangs since I was 8 or 9.

I'm a guy and I never let my hair touch my face anymore because my hair's oily and it does cause acne when it touches my face.

I was curious if anyone ever noticed not having bangs helping with acne on the forehead.....I am thinking of growing mine out......I am not sure I would look good like that, but thought maybe getting my bangs off my forhead might help with my acne ? Someone told me "older" people dont look good with "no bangs", I am 36, anyone else agree with that?

Eh, depending on the dermatologist, bangs either A) spell inevitable doom or B) are relatively benign. I had bangs, broke out with them, and cleared up with them; then I ditched the bangs, and broke out without them...if that makes sense. So, in my experience? Just keep 'em clean, and pulled off your face when you aren't trying to impress anyone. HOWEVER, give the no-bangs business a go, it could work wonders for you, who's to say. Good luck!

i had bangs, and although my acne is on my cheek and chin area, i always used get small pimples and lots of blackheads during the bang era. now don't have them any more and my forehead is amazingly clean. i guess the hair irritates the skin, it's always around, and most of the people tend to touch their bangs to move them out of their eyes or to fix them, + the products u use on the bangs is soooooooo not good for skin and it has to come in contact with it

you have the perfect face shape for no bangs! i consider my face heart shaped to round and the best thing i ever did was grow my bangs out. i look much better.

you have the perfect face shape for no bangs! i consider my face heart shaped to round and the best thing i ever did was grow my bangs out. i look much better.

Really. Thats great to hear. I think I am going to do it! Do you wear your hair back alot or leave it down?

I have a side bang that sweeps across the forehead. I have had bangs ALL my life, and for some reason my forehead is perfect. My cheeks are a different story, but my forehead is perfect, so I guess my bangs never affected iy.

I have a side bang that sweeps across the forehead. I have had bangs ALL my life, and for some reason my forehead is perfect. My cheeks are a different story, but my forehead is perfect, so I guess my bangs never affected iy.

Do you put any product on your bangs at all? Maybe using product in my hair (and bangs) made the difference. I am still in the process of growing mine out--something different anyway, I am right at that in between stage.....