Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

God my face was clean for two three weeks and i got REALLY happy. I have an old friend coming over this weekend. I haven't seen her since five years. I was really excited and I woke up with three big cysts on my face. The ones on my forehead are huge. I am in tears when i look in the mirror. And, I found out another one of my old friends wants to visit. I haven't seen her in eight years. GOD I don't know what to do :(

I feel like dying.

My skin was crystal clear when they saw me last. It was my best feature.

They'll be horrified when they see me now

I'm sooo depressed :(

Its one of those occasions thats too important to just say that you cant see them so if i were you i would call them and just drop it into conversation and 'over do' it like say im looking hidious right now by the way and was thinking about cancelling but id really like to see you.

Its shit though that we feel this way, ashamed and weve done nothing wrong!

this might help:

just think of the starving/ dying kids in Somalia

your plight seems slightly less serious

-bob

God my face was clean for two three weeks and i got REALLY happy. I have an old friend coming over this weekend. I haven't seen her since five years. I was really excited and I woke up with three big cysts on my face. The ones on my forehead are huge. I am in tears when i look in the mirror. And, I found out another one of my old friends wants to visit. I haven't seen her in eight years. GOD I don't know what to do :(

I feel like dying.

U are fortunate that you don't have permanent scars like I do

this might help:

-bob

thats so unbelievably unhelpful. You can't guilt trip yourself out of being depressed over feeling sad because there are people worse off than you. They have nothing to do with the situation and i hate it wen people bring up stuff like that as if to say 'how dare you be unhappy, you are not dying of starvation or AIDS ect...'

show her that you dont let your skin define who you are !smile !then reality will set in and mabe you should just stick to the smile !

this might help:

-bob

thats so unbelievably unhelpful. You can't guilt trip yourself out of being depressed over feeling sad because there are people worse off than you. They have nothing to do with the situation and i hate it wen people bring up stuff like that as if to say 'how dare you be unhappy, you are not dying of starvation or AIDS ect...'

i second that. man if i hear those examples ever again... :wall::wall::wall:

anyways moonb3am, i found out that it's ALOT easier to tell your friends about your skin situation and still meet up with them. the way i see it, you can't possibly NOT go to see them since you guys are good buds. but at the same time, i totally understand how you feel about feeling all embarassed if you do see them. if you tell them right off the bat that you are having a pretty rough time with your skin, at least you will be somehwat comfortable talking to them instead of thinking, "oh no, what do they think of my face?!" i went through alot of your situations before with alot of my friend which i haven't seen for years, and i found out that just giving them a heads up not only makes you feel more relaxed, but at least you can meet up with them. like loveuforever57 said, if they are your true friends, they shouldn't judge you regardless if you acne or not. good luck!!! :)

Although it's always humbling, I agree with Enilesav in that you can't use a guilt trip to make yourself get out of a depressed/sad state. Different situations, different environment, different lives.

Anyway, I think you'll be fine moonb3am. They won't mind so try to act like nothing's wrong with your face. Just enjoy their company and they'll be sure to enjoy yours. :)

na im not kidding,

seriously thats what i do whenever I am feeling real depressed. because think about it there are innocent people who are being slaughtered, raped, and tortured. when I compare my problems/dilemmas to the problems and misfortunes of people like that, they are more bearable for me

-bob

I feel like dying.

Thankyou alllll for your wonderful replies! :

This is the perfect place to come whenver you're down. You guys are a big help.

Well i'm feeling a little bit better because the two huge monsters on my forhead calmed down a little. They look normal now. Left two big red marks but I can cover that up with concealer. I've learnt to accept my skin like it is, its just that the huge cystic acne that just sprung up on my face really upset me that day. I was really depressed that day. But, i'm feeling much better now. Thanks again for all your replies.

I feel like dying.

Thankyou alllll for your wonderful replies! :

This is the perfect place to come whenver you're down. You guys are a big help.

Well i'm feeling a little bit better because the two huge monsters on my forhead calmed down a little. They look normal now. Left two big red marks but I can cover that up with concealer. I've learnt to accept my skin like it is, its just that the huge cystic acne that just sprung up on my face really upset me that day. I was really depressed that day. But, i'm feeling much better now. Thanks again for all your replies.

hey moon, anytime!!! :wavey: