Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I called a few derms in my book a few weeks ago and there was one who's phone was disconnnected or something. I started calling up derms again to try to get an appointment sometime in Septermber and this one actually has an appointment on Saturday July 15th!!!!.....in five days!!!!!!

I pass her office all the time. It's pretty close to my house (like 10 minutes away) and I totally forgot that she was the one with the disconnected phone from my insurance book. The phone number worked this time!!!!

The receptionist/nurse was really cool and I told her about how fed up I was with my derm. She said I should have left there along time ago and found another......She also said they shouldn't make such a big deal about Accutane.....she said for someone like me that would be the best option as female adult acne usually worsens over time.....not like teenage acne which improves with age....

She said she doubts the doctor will want to try other antiboitics and won't suggest lasers or photodynamic light therapy.........She said if it's moderate and persistant I fit the criteria..... If I want Accutane she'll most likely sign me up for I-pledge on Saturday.....I can get my bloodwork on Monday.....

That's so WONDERFUL! Finally, a derm that understands and isn't aftaid! Congrats! Good thing you didn't give up!