Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hexion

Hot/Boiled Water Regimen

Has anyone tried a hot/boiled drinking water regimen? Yes, I know that drinking water is good overall, but would drinking hot water be more beneficial than cold water? Would it moisturize the skin inside-out quicker? Would it clear acne quicker than drinking cold water? Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

Where did you get an idea like this? I don't think the temperature of the water has any effect on how your body uses it because it all becomes the same temp. once inside you. The only dfference will be that hot water will scald your mouth!

hmmmmm i dont think it makes any difference what so ever as osprey said because your body warms it up

theoretically, cold water could burn fat, as the energy from fat or carbs is used to warm the water

i guess then that warm water would have a reverse effect (it would be exothermic)

but i am not sure about these

-bob

hot water makes me sweat, and as far as I know, sweating is good for acne, because it clears out toxins and lowers sodium. It also makes you take a crap faster, which is good in certain cases.

If you do decide to drink hot water remember not to drink hot tapwater.

Actually, I never drink tap water :)

sorry, this is an absolutely ridiculous idea. water will have nothing to do with acne - no matter what tempurature. go to a doctor- that will clear it up.

The only benefit Ive heard from drinking cold water is your body looses more calories cuz the liver? has to work harder to process cold water.. Thats what Ive heard..

The only benefit Ive heard from drinking cold water is your body looses more calories cuz the liver? has to work harder to process cold water.. Thats what Ive heard..

Heh, drinking cold water isn't going to do much for the body in terms of losing calories :). Core temperature will fluctuate slightly for a few minutes, and thats about it. In order for one to lose large amounts of calories maintaining the core, temperatures would have to drop far more, and for extended periods of time. An air-coned room does just this. Run up 3 stories, and you lose calories dozens of times over compared to a glass or a whole bottle of frigid water ;).

Where did you get an idea like this? I don't think the temperature of the water has any effect on how your body uses it because it all becomes the same temp. once inside you. The only dfference will be that hot water will scald your mouth!

[/quot

Good call

Has anyone tried a hot/boiled drinking water regimen? Yes, I know that drinking water is good overall, but would drinking hot water be more beneficial than cold water? Would it moisturize the skin inside-out quicker? Would it clear acne quicker than drinking cold water? Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

Ok you have just as good a chance clearing up your acne doing this as you'd have drinking toilet water, or even piss for that matter :lol: