Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnesoldier

ELISA--Food Allergy Testing

Just curious whether anyone here has had a food allergy test done. I've noticed a definite link between diet and my skin condition. All it takes is 24-48 hours for my skin to go from reasonably clear and dry to extremely oily and infected. Even worse, I'm having trouble pinpointing the precise culprits. I guess I'm kinda unclear on just what exactly a food allergy is. If I'm not having any digestive trouble with the stuff that IS giving me trouble (milk, grains, eggs, cheeses, iodine, and a few types of fruit), could I still have a "food allergy" to them? Is the testing expensive? How exactly is it prescribed/carried out?

Thanks!!

:)

I had a food intolerance test done. I don't think it was an "ELISA" food allergy test. I did the York test - they took a blood sample and then tested it against 113 different foods. About half came back as showing some reaction, even though, when I eat the food in question I do not feel any particular ill effects. With alot of effort, gave up the foods in question. At first I thought it seemed to help, however, I continously had moderate to severe acne and after about 6 months finally decided to give up on the diet thing.