Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suckletheswine

Could someone please help me?

Hey all,

I've tried about every product out there, and nothing seems to work. Firstly, I don't know what it is called, but if you look closely at my pores all over my face, there are white circular objects in them which are dry, which I usually take out with a pin. What is it? How do I get rid of it? Secondly, I am a guy, and usually after I shave, my skin looks alright. But, sometimes I get real busy, and I don't shave for 3 or 4 days. I look okay but, what bothers me is that my skin becomes real flaky, you can see all the peeling skin. I have really oily skin, so I tend not to put on any moisturizer because my face beomes real shinny and I break out easily. What can I do to get rid of the flaky skin, but not have to shave? I can't seem to get any answers, you guys are my last hope.

Thanks

It sounds like exfoliating helps your skin (shaving accomplishes this b/c it takes off the top layer of dead skin cells); so you could try an AHA lotion. I had horrible flaky, bumpy skin, and AHA helps it a lot. The white things you describe sounds like dead skin cells plugging your pores, or whiteheads.

The best AHA lotion for me is Eucerin Renewal for Sensitive Skin SPF 15. I can only find it at Walgreens in my area. I have oily skin in my T zone, and this lotion doesn't make me any oilier. Other posters prefer other lotions, so you might ask around. If a lotion promises 'renewal' or AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) benefits, it might help.

well... first off, get a moisturizer that is non-comedogenic like neutrogena's. it doesnt break me out like the other 10+ other moisturizers ife been on.

and if ur skin is as oily as mine use moisturizer at night only. who cares if ur shiny when u sleep.

moisturizing will help stop oil

You might also want to try a *gentle* scrub to help exfoliate. I like to use a tiny bit of baking soda mixed with my cleanser (Jason Natural Super C Cleanser), or just with water. The baking soda is gentler than storebought scrubs for a very important reason: the grains are smaller and smoother than the grains in those scrubs. Most scrubs use either ground up plastic, ground up apricot seeds or walnut shells, all of which can be irregularly shaped and scratch your skin; or little plastic spheres which can be too big to do a good job.

In the shower, or at the sink, wet your face and take maybe 1 tsp of baking soda, put in in your hand and add a few drops of water, and gently rub it on your face, concentrating on the parts that are flakier or have more clogged pores. Don't do this for a long time, just a minute or two. Rinse very well. Try doing this once a day, and if it doesn't irritate your skin, try it in the AM and at night before using your BP.

about 3 or 4 days or so, when i feel my face needs a good exfoliation,

i wash my face with water. then i moist a cotton pad with neutrogena deep clean astringint

and then i gently wipe my face with the pad

u'll be amazed at how much dead skin u sloughed off

my whole cotton pad turned brown