Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loretta

acne help..

so sure, stuff like noxzema, clean & clear, clearasil etccc..

may help you with SOME of your acne... but you know when you breakout your body is telling you something...you have to drink water to clense out the toxins cause the toxins will effect your skin by coming up through your skin! if you dont drink enough water, sure youll get acne.. but thats all i have to say because i started drinking big bottles of water 3 32oz's each day...my skin is clear without anything if you want to get rid of acne faster, i'd perfer a herb thats called BP-X from natures sunshine..its a blood purifier(sp?) that worked for me aswell. but it doesnt mean you have to stop washing your face! just keep washing 2 times a day..one morning..one night just to get all the dirt and oil off...

BYE!

so sure, stuff like noxzema, clean & clear, clearasil etccc..

may help you with SOME of your acne... but you know when you breakout your body is telling you something...you have to drink water to clense out the toxins cause the toxins will effect your skin by coming up through your skin! if you dont drink enough water, sure youll get acne.. but thats all i have to say because i started drinking big bottles of water 3 32oz's each day...my skin is clear without anything if you want to get rid of acne faster, i'd perfer a herb thats called BP-X from natures sunshine..its a blood purifier(sp?) that worked for me aswell. but it doesnt mean you have to stop washing your face! just keep washing 2 times a day..one morning..one night just to get all the dirt and oil off...

BYE!

Drinking more water is good for you and your skin, yes, but it's not the acne cure-all for everybody. There are too many factors that play in to an individual's acne--hormones, diet, lifestyle... you can't expect to eliminate them all with water especially since people's cause of acne differs from person to person.

you're right.

but it does make a difference.

your body needs to be clensed because the toxins pop out of your skin cause they have no way to exit the body.

and also natures sunshine BPX blood purifier(sp?) works very well.

you're right.

but itll help ALOT.

your body needs to be clensed because the toxins pop out of your skin cause they have no way to exit the body.

and also natures sunshine BPX blood purifier(sp?) works very well.

Not all "toxins" exit the body through the skin. Drinking water can help your kidneys work better and get rid of toxins *other* ways... like through your urine.

What's in this blood purifier? It sounds like it might be a diuretic...

burdock Root (arctium lappa), pau d’arco bark (tabebuia heptaphylla), Red Clover Tops (Trifolium pratense), Yellow Dock Root (Rumex crispus), Sarsaparilla Root (Smilax officinalis), Dandelion Root (Taraxacum officinale), Cascara Sagrada Bark (Rhamnus purshiana), Buckthorn Bark (Rhamnus frangula), Peach Bark (Prunus persica), Yarrow Flowers (Achillea millefolium), Oregon Grape Root (Berberis aquifolium), Prickly Ash Bark (Zanthoxylum clava-herculis)

burdock Root (arctium lappa), pau d’arco bark (tabebuia heptaphylla), Red Clover Tops (Trifolium pratense), Yellow Dock Root (Rumex crispus), Sarsaparilla Root (Smilax officinalis), Dandelion Root (Taraxacum officinale), Cascara Sagrada Bark (Rhamnus purshiana), Buckthorn Bark (Rhamnus frangula), Peach Bark (Prunus persica), Yarrow Flowers (Achillea millefolium), Oregon Grape Root (Berberis aquifolium), Prickly Ash Bark (Zanthoxylum clava-herculis)

Yeah... and what do they DO?

purify your blood

Um... says who? The manufacturer, I'll wager. I meant you should state specifically the effects that each of the ingredients has on the human body. There's no such thing as a "blood purifier" because you can't just do something to your blood and not do stuff to other parts. Unless you like running your blood out of your body, through some sort of machine, and putting it back in. For example: Dandelion root is listed, and one of the other members on this forum says he uses it to detoxify his liver, not purify his blood. "Blood purifier" is a vague term and I would choose to avoid a product where I didn't know what the effects of the ingredients individually were if it made such a broad claim.

purify your blood

Um... says who? The manufacturer, I'll wager. I meant you should state specifically the effects that each of the ingredients has on the human body. There's no such thing as a "blood purifier" because you can't just do something to your blood and not do stuff to other parts. Unless you like running your blood out of your body, through some sort of machine, and putting it back in. For example: Dandelion root is listed, and one of the other members on this forum says he uses it to detoxify his liver, not purify his blood. "Blood purifier" is a vague term and I would choose to avoid a product where I didn't know what the effects of the ingredients individually were if it made such a broad claim.

Honestly, stop trying to sound so high and mighty. Of course they don't directly purify the blood, they all work to create clean blood through a clean liver and kidneys. Those are the two organs primarily associated with blood cleansing, obviously. The rest of the herbs besides dandelion - why don't you look them up in an herb directory and see what they do if you want to know? The kid that started the topic may have a limited view on the subject, but what he may or may not know is that these same herbs have long been associated with helping treat acne. Personally I'm having some good results with dandelion greens and root and helping clear up existing pimples faster and stop new breakouts.

But yeah you're right, there are some diuretics in there as well as some weak laxatives, some herbs to help clean the liver besides dandelion, and some to help with the kidneys.

The 5 organs that help give you clear skin are, in order of importance:

1)Liver

2)Kidneys

3)Intestines - large and small

4)Adrenals

5)Thyroid

Having one weak factor can upset the whole balance, for example dirty intestines create toxins that the liver has to continuously filter out until excreted, as well as fail to provide enough nutrients for the whole body to run.

Honestly, stop trying to sound so high and mighty. Of course they don't directly purify the blood, they all work to create clean blood through a clean liver and kidneys. Those are the two organs primarily associated with blood cleansing, obviously. The rest of the herbs besides dandelion - why don't you look them up in an herb directory and see what they do if you want to know? The kid that started the topic may have a limited view on the subject, but what he may or may not know is that these same herbs have long been associated with helping treat acne. Personally I'm having some good results with dandelion greens and root and helping clear up existing pimples faster and stop new breakouts.

But yeah you're right, there are some diuretics in there as well as some weak laxatives, some herbs to help clean the liver besides dandelion, and some to help with the kidneys.

The 5 organs that help give you clear skin are, in order of importance:

1)Liver

2)Kidneys

3)Intestines - large and small

4)Adrenals

5)Thyroid

Having one weak factor can upset the whole balance, for example dirty intestines create toxins that the liver has to continuously filter out until excreted, as well as fail to provide enough nutrients for the whole body to run.

Well, I wasn't trying to sound "high and mighty." I was hoping someone would give an explanation like this one... It's much better than simply claiming a product works with no information about it. I don't plan on using that product, but I don't like things to be called things they're not, as it is misleading to everyone. I wouldn't call it a "blood purifier" so much as an herbal supplement designed to help all those systems function better. Thanks for your explanation, it is very clear and concise.

Sorry, it's just I see a million times around someone trying to sound intelligent in a holistic debate by saying "define these 'toxins' (insert any other self explanatory word here" and it gets on my nerves a little.

But yeah, I understand where you're coming from too because another pet peeve of mine is when people claim all kinds of things with nothing to back it up.

Sorry, it's just I see a million times around someone trying to sound intelligent in a holistic debate by saying "define these 'toxins' (insert any other self explanatory word here" and it gets on my nerves a little.

But yeah, I understand where you're coming from too because another pet peeve of mine is when people claim all kinds of things with nothing to back it up.

Well, my background is pretty science-heavy, and I'd say I'm smarter than the average bear... but I don't intentionally try to sound smart, and avoid talking about things I know nothing about. I'm very open to alternative medicine and holistic approaches, especially if there is some scientific explanation for them. A lot of the claims that are made are pretty crappy, IMO, and especially with the background I have a lot of just doesn't make any sense and the explanations are either flawed or incorrect or flat-out lies contrived and manipulated for material benefit. But some of them have merit and should be explained from both a holistic as well as scientific perspective, and deserve to be debated and considered in addition to modern medicine.

MY pet peeve is when people try to explain something using "sciency" terms and when I read it I can instantly point out gaping errors in the explanation... Lots of people are convinced by hocus-pocus wording about things and that really gets me because some poor fool gets taken advantage of in the process.

But don't assume "toxin" is as self-explanatory as you think. "Toxin" is abused and misused by a lot of people on this forum... I've seen heavy metals refered to as "toxins" when they are in fact "poisons"... A toxin is a biological product (comes from an organism), but "poison" is a more general category that encompasses other toxic substances. In the chemistry world, you can say something is toxic, but you have to keep in mind that it's all about concentration. Everything is toxic to the human body in some quantity. I think the difference between "toxin" and "toxic" is not well understood by most people.

Anyway, for future reference, if I'm asking questions it's not necessarily nay-saying... Poking holes in stuff makes people have to come up with better defenses, as you so articulately demonstrated :)

^ ^ ^ Well, maybe send me a PM instead of posting it in this thread but I'd be interested to know what you think is complete quackery and what has scientific merit, just to see if it falls in with my beliefs :)